No Go 720?

My boss brought in his tomtom after findng it in a drawer. i think he has used it maybe once in 3 years. it's a go 720 but it will not boot up past the green start screen. All that happens is the black tom tom screen with the drum roll appears then it reverts to the green sreen with a picture of the memory card/hard drive on the bottom right. I have tried resetting it and plugging it in to the comuter, and the laptop, plus reinstalling the software but so far i have had no luck.

Its far to good to chuck out, and i'm hoping that if i get it working he will let me keep it! :):):)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but please bear in mind we are lorry drivers, and spanner monkeys, not computer genuises (accepted plural of genius... discuss?) so keep it nice and simple!

Many thanks in advance for your knowledge and patience!

Chris x

:confused::confused::confused:

Welcome to TTF.

Look at the contents of the unit using Explorer. Does it show many folders and files not in any folder? And, most importantly, do you see a specific map folder (such as UK_and_ROI for example?)

If you DO have a map folder, then do an Explorer, not Home, backup of your units contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Then format the unit. Don't use quickformat.In Windows, select 'My Computer' and highlight the drive representing the TomTom in the removable drives section. Probably e: or f:. Right click the drive and select format.

Restore the backup and see if that helps.

The computer doesn't recognise that the tomtom is plugged in, even though it is in the docking station charging...

Press the reset hole on the bottom of the unit. Then connect to the computer. It may get recognized then.

Ask a Question