No audio after installing Navigator 6

TomTom Model(s)
Navigator 6
I have an Axim x51v PPC running WM5. The Axim was ordered with the Dell Navteq GPS Bluetooth GPS receiver and software. Dumped software. Bought TomTom Navigator 6 and finally got it to connect to the Navteq bluetooth GPS receiver. Slow to establish GPS connection, but it works. Maps work, routing and visual directions ok. BUT - no longer have audio out of Axim including the TomTom guidance voices ANY time. No music, no instructions, nada.

Have tried removing the 2 bluetooth files in the windows directory (sorry, folder) that is suggested as a fix elsewhere and helped some others but not this one. And by the way, WM5 on the Axim doesn't put them back on a soft reset. Maybe a hard reset but I'm not ready to do that yet. Also, have tried enabling and disabling speech in TomTom. Of course, I'm still waiting to hear from TomTom service. I really don't want to do a hard reset. Too much stuff to reload and reconfigure again.

I f anyone runs into other possible solutions, please give me a reply.

Ask a Question