GO 910 audio output not working.

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
Sorry if this has been covered before but a search of the archives hasn't shown up my specific problem.
I've had the 910 for nearly 5 years and have previously been able to connect from the audio output to another audio device (in this case an in-car intercom in a noisy sports car). Inserting the jack has muted the internal speaker and fed nav audio to the intercom. I've just updated to the latest firmware 7.903 and inserting the jack now neither mutes the speaker nor connects audio. As it was some time ago that I last did this there could have been other earlier upgrades with the same problem.
I've tried (and tested) two cables and two mounts so I've pretty much ruled them out and am beginning to think its the firmware upgrade that's the problem. Unfortunately I don't know what the previous version was.
1) Is there a fix?
2) How can I go backwards and reload an earlier version, preferably without losing the Western Europe map upgrade that I've just paid for, to see if this fixes the problem?
Thanks
Paul

Since the x10 series is sometimes so different from the later GO, I can't be certain that this will make sense to you ... but ... on the x20 and beyond, there is a separate audio setting that determines where the audio output will be routed - with separate selections for the navigation instructions and music. On those units, the menu item for this is found at "Change preferences" / several R arrows / "Speaker preferences".

On those models, if you select such that the nav instructions are to be sent to the aux out plug, I believe it will revert to the internal speaker automatically if no 1/8" plug insertion is detected.

So - any chance there is a selection option on your 910?

thanks a million, this is exactly the problem all along and is now solved. Its a pity that TT don't say what changes and enhancements have been made with each upgrade. They seem to prefer to hide their light under a bushel.

Thanks again

Paul

Well... 7.903 has been available since May of 2008. I doubt the application changed the menu preference that I mentioned at all .. however, updating the application has been known to reset previous some user configuration items, requiring the user to set it back up the way he prefers. In all honesty, that's probably all that happened to you.

It probably is that long ago that I last used the audio o/p feature so I'd forgotten about the need to make the setting. The clue is in my user name!
If all else fails, read the instructions.
Thanks again.
Paul.

Ask a Question