Go 910 and Car Audio

Hiya all,

Just got the 910 installed into the inbuilt car stereo today and found that whenever the power is connected into the unit - I get stupendous amounts of car noise coming in through the power circuit.

From asking around - i've been told that this is because unlike a normal car AMP which has a filter - the 910 has none.

It also seems to cut the volume of the unit considerably which then just makes the problem worse.

Help!?! - Does anyone have a solution/fix for this problem?

As already noted the issue occurs when an unintended connection to ground is made and often when connections to ground are made in more than one way.
When you activate the audio portion of your tt which is connected to your car audio a ground loop occurs.The ground loop isolator reduces much of that hum but with a slight loss of sound quality, depends on the individual system. As Pedro2nr noted the other alternative is not to use the power adapter when you are using the audio portion of tt or to charge the unit in its ac base. This is not a TT problem as your ipod using auto power may well do the same thing if plugged into the auto audio system. My ground loop isolator came from radio shack for about $15. Adaptors may be needed depending on the configuration of your audio plugs but those are readily available. It is not necessary but I removed the longer cables on the isolator and replaced them with plugs matching my specific needs.
Have a great day and be sure to let us know your results.

Ask a Question