Audio while playing podcasts

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
I have an iPhone 4S 64GB AT&T, 5.0.1, and JB'ed with GreenPois0n, and it's connected to the car through the headphone jack. At first, I was playing Podcasts through the iPod ("Music") app on the iPhone, and I was able to set TomTom to pause the podcast when giving me a verbal direction.

Now, however, I am using Instacast to stream them, and TomTom is fading out the background. Is this a bug in TomTom or is there a way to get it to pause the podcast, say the spoken directions and then continue playing it?

Also, is there a way to mute TomTom completely? 70% of the time I don't even need/want verbal directions, just a quick visual confirmation of whether to make a turn or not, and I would rather not be interrupted at all. I can't just mute the iPhone, as I am using it to play back a podcast, audiobook or music almost 100% of the time when I am in the car. I'm wondering if there is an app on Cydia that could control individual apps' volumes?

What would be really nice is a way to automatically force calls to voicemail, but that's probably something I should look at Cydia for, not TomTom. :)

1) I'll look into instacast.

2) you can mute the voice all together. I do this when I myself play music. On the top left, select the preference icon (gear pic) and a mini drop down menu pops and select the mouth icon to mute the sounds.

1) I'll look into instacast.

2) you can mute the voice all together. I do this when I myself play music. On the top left, select the preference icon (gear pic) and a mini drop down menu pops and select the mouth icon to mute the sounds.

Ok thanks. Muting the voice does help quite a bit, as I often use it when I sort of know where I'm going, but just need a quick visual validation of which turns are which, or for distance calculation.

I would switch over to Pandora and listen to music if navigating through an urban area that I'm unfamiliar with, but for the in-between, it would be nice to have the ability to have Instacast pause, TomTom talk, and then un-pause Instacast.

Anyways, thanks for looking into it!

Ask a Question