Newbee, a few ??

My nephew gave me a TomTom, I believe it's a One but not sure of what version it is. How do I check that?

Also, I can connect it to my computer and it will start Home, but when I go to any of the d/l options it tells me to connect my unit to the computer. Well, it's already plugged in and it must not be recognizing it. I've registered it with the product code so shuldn't the progie know what unit I have and what I need to update?

Just need a little guidance here.

TIA

Pat

My nephew gave me a TomTom, I believe it's a One but not sure of what version it is. How do I check that?

Also, I can connect it to my computer and it will start Home, but when I go to any of the d/l options it tells me to connect my unit to the computer. Well, it's already plugged in and it must not be recognizing it. I've registered it with the product code so shuldn't the progie know what unit I have and what I need to update?

Just need a little guidance here.

TIA

Pat

What are the letters on the bottom of the unit? (i.e. 4N00.005)

When you turn your TomTom on (with the TomTom plugged into the computer), the TomTom screen should ask you if you want to connect to the computer.....you need to select YES on the device. Once you do that, TomTom HOME should recognize the TomTom.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

The numbers on the bottom of my unit are 4N00.004.2

I do get the screen asking to connect?? I answer yes and that's it. When I try to do anything, that I assume is interactive, I get a message to connect my unit to the computer. I can only assume that it isn't being recognized. Is there any way to find out if TomTom Home sees my unit? I've tried hitting update my unit, add voices, maps, map colors. Nothing seems to work. I would like to update my unit as I have no idea how far out of date everything is. Thanks for your help/

I do get the screen asking to connect?? I answer yes and that's it. When I try to do anything, that I assume is interactive, I get a message to connect my unit to the computer. I can only assume that it isn't being recognized. Is there any way to find out if TomTom Home sees my unit? I've tried hitting update my unit, add voices, maps, map colors. Nothing seems to work. I would like to update my unit as I have no idea how far out of date everything is. Thanks for your help/
After you tap yes to "Connect to Computer?" Does the HOME program open?

You have a TomTom ONE V2 for future reference.

Sounds like you may need to re-install TomTom HOME V2. Click on the Green icon on the following page to download and install the HOME V2:
>>> HOME V2 <<<

Ask a Question