newbee too from SF California

Im sorry for not introducng myself. marstang65, of San Francisco, Cal., just owned a 920 and liking it with a little flaw, but adjusting. first time user of tomtom.

I heard that SF gave hard time to lots of GPS, wonder how your 920 is doing ?

Im sorry for not introducng myself. marstang65, of San Francisco, Cal., just owned a 920 and liking it with a little flaw, but adjusting. first time user of tomtom.

Hello. Greetings from Kentucky. I would also like to know your map and directions accuracy in SF. SF is one of our favorite vacation spots.

What map version do you have?

Randy R.

Welcome to the forum.

What is the flaw you are referring to?

Volume is hard to get when the gps is on active mode, hard time to view mp3s that's on the sd card (need to re-format my sd card, then create an MP3 folder, then add all the mp3 files on that folder.)

Hello. Greetings from Kentucky. I would also like to know your map and directions accuracy in SF. SF is one of our favorite vacation spots.

What map version do you have?

Randy R.

The map and directions is accuracy in SF. I have no problem with it so far. I drive the limo once in a while, and never gave me no problem. Faster than my old Garmin or the magellan. The split seconds of re-calculating on my old garmin and magellan makes a difference. I dont have to hear that anoying Re-calculating voice anymore. I only see the orange bar on the bottom of the screen when I didn't obey the voice.
The version of my map is V70.1576, which according to the supoort person through TomTom is the updated (new) version.;)

Welcome to the forum.

What is the flaw you are referring to?

Another flaw is that when I am using the auxilary off my car radio and plugging in the 3.5mm wire to the TomTom 920, I am hearing a loud whining sound through my radio while listening to the mp3 or the voice commands. It's anoying. It never hapens to my old GPS nor to my MP3 players.

And when using the 3.5mm wire to hook up my 920 to radio using the auxilary plug, I have to set the 920 to use it on the menu, not automaically like my other GPS.

Volume is hard to get when the gps is on active mode, hard time to view mp3s that's on the sd card (need to re-format my sd card, then create an MP3 folder, then add all the mp3 files on that folder.)

Ive noticed that when I am using the US version of the voice, even the computer to say the streets name, it cant say the street or City names correctly. It canot even say the word San Francisco correctly. Even the word San Jose. I thought that since I chose the US speaking person/computer, it will speak it correctly. Even the highway number name, instead of saying US 101 (US one o one), it speaks it as US one hundred and one. Can this be fix?

Invalid codes on TT one XL

When I connect my TT via USB, I get the following message:

Line 3: Invalid value for 'language' attribute: 'en-us'. Valid values have RFC1766 format (e.g. 'en' or 'en_us'). Have any of you fine folks ever come across this before. I am a newbie and have other issues. If a moderator would like to send me an email I'd love to correspond.

thanks from Ottawa, Ont.

How AT&T 8525 to be compatible with TomTom 920

I was able to pair my AT&T 8525 with my TomTom 920 to talk to my bluetooth and with the trafffic. I was not able to pair the tomtom weather/traffic using my 8525 at first until I download the Bluetooth DUN. (WM6_BT_DUN.cab) Now I am able to conect and get the weather & traffic for San Francisco. SWEEET

I was able to pair my AT&T 8525 with my TomTom 920 to talk to my bluetooth and with the trafffic. I was not able to pair the tomtom weather/traffic using my 8525 at first until I download the Bluetooth DUN. (WM6_BT_DUN.cab) Now I am able to conect and get the weather & traffic for San Francisco. SWEEET

How were you able to pair your 8525 with your 920? Been working on this for 5 days now. It always stops at 65% during data connection.

Ask a Question