new version ofHOME is available: 2.5.0.29

2.5 fails with the following error. This morning I've installed the new update 2.5.1.36 - the same error. I've returned back to 2.4

ERROR: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.moveTo]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js :: anonymous :: line 88" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:88
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:88
file.moveTo(destDir, newName.leafName);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:111
return this.downloadItemsDirs[2];
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:257
ni.addFolder(me.downloadCompleteItemsDir, true, null);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:350
func();

2.5.1.36 seems to be a major update. It made a lot of changes, and wiped out a lot of my settings, but it has now downloaded the phonebook from my Samsung i760 :D which, until today, it would not. So far, I like it!

I am particularly happy to see the ?add voices? be combined for human and computer voices. It surely will prevent noobies from being confused and having to navigate to the right screen.

I am downloading an update as we speak as well. Just fired it up to see if there was an update and said it update already in progress. ;)

Funny, I've NEVER had any problems with Home until I just downloaded this newest version. I'm talking about the second Home 2.5 that came out (2.51)

I'm greeted with this

homeerror.jpg

The program does still work though, I'm just not used to getting error messages from this program.

Yeah same here. I wonder what they changed. giving how fast this new build came out I would be willing to bet they mainly fixed thing rather than added, hopefully nothing removed unless it fixes a but introduced in 2.5.0.x.

MC

problem using 2.5

I had problems adding/restoring Canada fuel prices....from my POI's already on my computer....using the new version of home.

error:ItemMetadata XML empty something another.

reloaded home 2.4....install of POI's went perfect !

staying with 2.4 for a long while now....tired of beta testing their software....for FREE !

2.5.1.36 now ,I wonder why so many updates in quick succession?

Suspect reasons:
  • Showstopper bug would have cost too much in support calls
  • Went to production with the wrong version, intended to ship a later (or earlier) release that didn't have the indicated bugs
  • Bad idea to ship a product with noticable bugs just as the Christmas shopping season starts (big revenue time) -- would have cost them a lot in returns and customers that decide not to buy another TomTom device or upgrade

Hi there!

I just updated to tomtom home 2.5.1.36 & now I can't "operate my go" from the PC.

I get "navigator failed to initialise [code -9000] "fatal error" and then tomtom home closes & asks me if I was to send an error reoprt to microsoft. I've tried reinstalling tomtom home but no luck.

Any suggestions????

When a new version of Home is offered, a new .dll is required to make the emulator 'Operate My Go' work. For some reason, the Home server at TomTom rarely sends that file with the Home application and when the user runs the emulator, is advised another file (the .dll) is necessary and then downloads it.

Having said all that, once in a while, the server still does NOT dl the required file.

So, I'd suggest, to try running the emulator again. See if the file is offered for dl. If not, phone Support and explain the situation; they should be able to attach the file to an email for you to resolve the problem .... IF that is the issue.

Ask a Question