new update for tomtom 2535 m live

TomTom Model(s)
2535M Live
Just received a new APP update of about 63mb on my tomtom 2535 M Live. No problem on installation. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it was supposed to correct. I don't see any changes so far in my unit New App is 10.157.691589.84

Same here, got the update for my 2535 Live, checked "Details" link and it wasn't pointing to any valid page. So I took a dive, installed it and it seems a little bit snappier when changing screens in menu and prefs. If i understand correctly, users with 860 maps will also get 865 update on the map, but I already had 865 and it seems that 870 not here just yet. Would love to know what was corrected in this software release, supermods probably know, now about that MVL?

When Tomtom changes the rightmost number only, it's usually a bugfix-only release. Usually no new features are added unless the second or third digit after the decimal are incremented.

My guess is that there was a fix put in for map updates. For American VIA models, the same app update was just offered, immediately followed by a map 865 download. My guess is that there was something in the earlier apps preventing Tomtom from offering map 865. If that's the case, they seemed to have fixed whatever the problem was, as I haven't seen any issues (yet) with map update failures, like I saw on earlier map 865 updates.

I've also seen some posts that the device feels a tad bit faster.

I'd recommend checking on any bugs you may have previously experienced, they might be better now.

I'd recommend checking on any bugs you may have previously experienced, they might be better now.

So far, I couldn't reproduce that bug that was causing my unit to crash when i'm choosing a route, then go into "Details" and when going back out, my 2535 Live would crash and restart by itself. So I hope its been fixed. May be its really my imagination but it does feel a tiny bit snappier on tap to tap basis.

New Update Issue (Installing)

Unlike others, I cannot even download the new update! When connecting my device this morning, I was prompted that new updates were available. I select the option to download these updates, MyTomTom launches but when I go to actually download I keep getting a message stating that TomTom Home needs to be installed? I already have the latest version of Home installed but it still doesnt let me download the update. I'm at a loss!! Geez, finally an update and I cant even pull it down?

This is the exact error:

No access to MyTomTom online

You need to install TomTom HOME to access MyTomTom online.

TomTom HOME connects your navigation device to the TomTom website. This means you can then manage your device and get access to regular updates and other cool MyTomTom things. Read more about TomTom HOME.

Last edited:
Update Issues

Yes, the first thing I did after purchasing the 2535 was to install the MyTomTom desktop app. It forced me to do so at the first attempt at syncing the device. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled it. I get into it just fine and it tells me I have a new update. I goto the update, I see it there (Application Update) but when I select GET UPDATE it spins it's wheels for a few seconds then keeps telling me that I dont have access to MyTomTom and that I need TomTom Home...flaky. I've used MyTomTom previously to add third party POI files to my 2535 without issue.

Please call CS at 866-486-6866 and let them sort this weirdness out. Report back what they say, please.

One final thought......

You aren't logging into MyTomTom with a user email id formerly used on a none Web (non 2X) model, are you?

Updates Issue

Actually YES, I am using an email address and account that was previously used for my Go 740. However, when I called the 866 number I told them that and they said that everything looked fine with the account even though I told them it was also used with TomTom Home and my 740 that I had them remove from my account when I purchased the 2535. They seem baffled themselves and simply said they'd get back to me, possibly on Monday. One suggested item to try WAS to use a different email account and re-register the device but I havent tried that since they said that all looked well on the account as is. I dont want to possibly lose my live services by setting up a new account and then not being able to reach them over the weekend...I'll wait to hear back from them first.

There are cobwebs in the system with LIVE models.

Even if Tomtom renames the email on your old acct, some parts of the myTomtom server still get corrupted and don't work.

Just set up a new gmail account, and a brand new MyTomtom account with the new gmail address. Then set up 100% forwarding in gmail to the email that you'd expect to receive messages at.

Resolved!!!

No real explanation as to why but I tried the exact same thing from my home computer when arriving home and the update works! I used the exact same account login etc...Only possible explanation is that my home computer runs WIN7 and the one at work that I tried from earlier has WIN XP... Who knows?

Ask a Question