New One 3rd Edition owner - Tripmaster question.

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
I haven't really found a clear-cut answer to whether or not Tripmaster will work on the One 3rd Edition, so I was wondering if someone could please tell me whether or not Tripmaster will work on the One 3rd Edition?

Thank you! :)

I haven't really found a clear-cut answer to whether or not Tripmaster will work on the One 3rd Edition, so I was wondering if someone could please tell me whether or not Tripmaster will work on the One 3rd Edition?

Thank you! :)
It does work......but on mine it runs very slowly (One V3, no SD slot), and it likes to freeze the TomTom if you view the Tripmaster screen for a decent length of time (3+ minutes). Options need to be changed by the config.txt file in the tripmaster folder on the tomtom otherwise the screen comes out garbled, and you need to edit a line in the config.txt file in order for it to be displayed correctly. Otherwise, it works pretty well. The exporting feature which logs points during a trip is fairly decent (would like to have it happen faster and more often, and even when it says "point saved" it does only about half the time.) but thats just me griping.

No, the author, Roussillat, says that TomTom won't make public whatever he needs to work with firmware v7.

Get the latest version here:

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

These are his instructions for making it work:

- install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
- run it once, the screen is garbaged
- stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
- connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
- in this file, change the line 'screenadaptation none' to 'screenadaptation rider2'
- save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
- run Tripmaster, the screen is OK

Oh okay, seems easy enough then. Takes me back to the days when I was addicted to F1 2002 and had to edit all of the system files of the game in Notepad to get the add-on packs to work. :p

Ask a Question