New TomTom One 3rd Edition Owner

I just bought my first GPS yesterday. It came down to a Garmin or the TomTom. A good friend of mine has the TomTom and persuaded me to buy it. It's one of the coolest things I've ever owned. I'm driving my wife crazy with this thing...lol! See you on the boards...

I just bought my first GPS yesterday. It came down to a Garmin or the TomTom. A good friend of mine has the TomTom and persuaded me to buy it. It's one of the coolest things I've ever owned. I'm driving my wife crazy with this thing...lol! See you on the boards...

I just bought a TomTom 1 XLS, today, after looking at it, and the Garmin products. It seems really cool after just a little use. But one thing I don't seem to be able to get working is the "announcing streets by name" (i, text to speech). Where do you go in the system to turn that on, please. Can anyone help??

Where do you go in the system to turn that on, please. Can anyone help??

Not sure if XLS does it (I own 720), but if it does, you have to select one of the computer voices..

Change Pref > Voice Pref > Change Voice > Susan

yep, just go and select a computer voice. I Don't understand why it's not the default.

Oh and welcome!

Ask a Question