New NA Maps (v665)

I can't tell you how fed up I am with the v665 maps. Bad directions, out of the way routing, no speed limits, bad POI's (some POI's are hundreds of miles away and no locals shown!)... I lost confidence in the v665 maps on the basis if it didn't know ehre it was taking me in areas I know, where would it take me in a neighborhood I don't know?So I (with 2GB card) reverted to the original TT1 maps, imported the expanded POI's (bad ones and all!) and my problems have gone away! IMHOP TT would have been better off not offering this map version.:mad:

You are expressing the sentiment so many others have given. The maps and the poi's certainly have their problems. My computer hd crashed shortly after I upgraded and I lost the ability to go back to the earlier version. Hopefully TT will recognize the customer concern and make an effort to correct it. Glad you got your unit reverted and it is working more efficiently. I suppose newer is certainly not always better.

I have to add my disappointment with the v665 US maps. Missing a major interstate intersection, and I discovered this weekend that it routed me through several out-of-the way routes, rather than the direct one.

I really hope that Tomtom allows the v675 US maps to be downloaded by their US customers.

I brought this up to Tomtom support - basically they acknowledged that there are problems with the v665 US maps, the v675 maps are newer, and that they do not know if/when they will be available to US customers.

Perhaps I'll also go backlevel with the maps...it just seems wrong to have to do so.

chalk me up for another unhappy 665 user. I've been back to 660 and have had no problems. 665 is missing Tim Horton's for all of Canada (why?) and there's no difference in my area in terms of road updates so might as well keep the original, eh?

Ask a Question