New Firmware Version 9.022 for XL340S

mvi i seen in another post where u said to delete all items in computer then delete application then install update. that worked for me now im at version 8.415 but do i do the same process again delete items on computer then delte current app. then install new updated app?
Thanks

Last edited:
I wanted to keep the replies in here so that it can help others.

If the Tomtom freezes and restarts after an app/map update, try these steps.

I don't have a 340, but others have posted that 9.026 is less stable than 8.415. You may want to just stay at the 8.415 level.

There isn't much published difference (see here) between the apps except for a loss of favorites on app 8.415 if you upgrade a map.

i tried that and its still doing the same thing i tried changing the name i guess i will just have to back it up again and wait another 2 hrs for it to go through

idk im just thinking about going into radioshack tonight and looking and seeing what else they have cause ive always had good look with my old 4yr old tomtom till it broke but this one doesnt pull up my normal house address its named something else ive never heard of and it seems like there is constant complaints and ive spent hrs on this thing trying to get it to update right i would think tomtom would do better as far as updates i mean what do the people do that dont know about forums cause there suport isnt the best the guy i was talking to u could tell he had no idea what to tell me to try
Any other models around the same price as the 340s with the same features thats better weather it be tomtom or garmin?
Thanks

ok i ended up swapping it out for the same 340s and it came with the right 8.415 and i will just leave that until the bugs r out of the 9.026 but at tomtom home it popped up that i had a new map update and i could do it for free being my 1st one but i started it last night and it said there was like 6 hrs??? so this morining i got up and it errored on me so didnt even go through.
So did i loose my free map now that i did that?
Wht would it have not worked and why would it take so long i thought it was suppose to be like an hr??

It should be about an hour to install once app 8.415 is installed. There were issues where it took up to 6 hours on app 8.411 through 8.414.

Check that you have boot version 5.5136. Also, perhaps try a different USB cord or USB jack on your computer? In event viewer (if you use Windows) do you see IO errors at the time of the install?

Regarding your map - just remove it from the Tomtom and go to "update my XL" and it will install it again.

Should I wait for the XXL 540TM to switch from Garmin as that TT will be released next week with lifetime qtrly maps and lifetime traffic ? The price is down to $207. It seems like a great deal.
This is my first post here as I am through with Garmin.

Ask a Question