New Application (8.35) released for Go models - FM back

I know....I got the HARD DRIVE showing for both as well...........obviously an error.

Do this:
1. Disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer.
2. Shut down Home.
3. Reconnect the unit to the computer and say 'yes' if you wish to connect.
4. Restart Home.

You should now see the proper screen showing internal and external sd storage instead of the stupid (and wrong) screen showing HARD DRIVE listed twice.

I'm not so sure that NZ maps come with speech recognition. I know only an earlier application and map had speech recognition (VR) for Aussie units. This may have changed with the latest maps but that is how it was.

Ive gotta 730
using map 825_2157 w/ 8.350

Works fine, i never had any FM transmitter issues and Ive always been able to use operate my go, Even though i only use it to change my device lock code from time to time.

Noticable changes, it speaks more alerts, (first time ive ever heard it say, "Poor gps connection")
Car preferences is grayed out, but i can still change my car icon.
All ive noticed since this morning.

Screen still dims when volume is at 100% and the device is talking.:confused:

Car Preference has always been greyed out for Go models in every application. Had to do with hard-wiring the unit to a car.

Car Preference has always been greyed out for Go models in every application. Had to do with hard-wiring the unit to a car.

Some cars provide additional information via Bluetooth, e.g. whether the headlights are on or off (which can trigger the TomTom to use day/night profiles). Could that be the Car Preferences too or is that handled elsewhere?

Have just updated my 930...everything working fine....FM transmitter back on and working...computer voices ok.

Danny

Hi friends,
I made this upgrade onto my TT730 GO. Here is what I've noticed
1) FM is back and I choose FM to transmit navigation instruction, I get my voice back on my device as the station I chose (best in my area, i am in DC metro, no major vacant channels) comes back to the car and my navigation is coming via device. I cudnt test it on empty channel as I have NONE
2) Bluetoot is faster little but not like a flash
3) Computer Voices OK, Volume lesser as noticed by other folks
4) ....still counting...to see

Sorry for the confusion
I think TT always needs music to be played so that Navigation instructions can also be played together...this is more a legal term to them. However you can do one thing Play music, pause it and let the FM transmitter transmit the navigation instruction alone. The song is backgrounded.
If you choose to navigation alone via FM transmitter and No Music, the sound is reverted back to TT device.

I spoke too soon. It only appears to let you adjust it. If you don't actually have anything plugged into the line-out the volume will adjust, but that is just the internal speaker you are adjusting. As soon as you plug something in the volume will still show the level you set it to, but it has no effect on the actual output level, nor can it be changed as long as something is plugged in.

Good new though, the fixed level sounds like it has been lowered. It does not distort like it did with the last version. I'll have to play through some music to be sure, but initially it sounds better.

I have seen a few minor problems since updating yesterday.

Computer voice "Susan" no longer works on my Go 720, however computer voice "Dave" does still work.
Home tells me that computer voices are not supported by this device.
Operate My Go does not work, again Home says not supported by this device.
As previously mentioned, volume is noticeably lower.
The update reset my car icon to a arrow but I just had to reset it to the existing icon.
Needed to turn on Lane Images after update (must have reset to hide).
I have not tried FM yet as I am in a heavy FM area and it is difficult to find free stations.

I did notice without lane images on, while driving on the freeway it showed how many lanes and indicated what lane to be in when coming to an exit. This is nice if it is an upgrade for multilane roads that do not have lane images. It may be that I just have not seen it as I normally have lane images on.

Try this: (not using Home)

Do a pin reset on your unit. Try to select Susan again. Does it work this time?

If not, connect to the computer. Start Home. Go to Add Voices, Computer Voices.... is Susan offered? Can you hear when the test button is clicked? Where does Home say Susan is located?

If on the computer and not working, try removing Susan and re-installing using Home.

First thing I tried was a pin reset, no help. Susan is on my device but when I Test I get no response.
In Home it tells me that computer voices cannot be installed on my device. Something is obviously wrong here as Computer voice "Dave" does still work.
I did try to reinstall Susan from my backup files to no effect.

I have my previous backup (explorer) intact, I think I will revert to that and then reinstall the upgrade to see if it was a problem with the install.

I know....I got the HARD DRIVE showing for both as well...........obviously an error.

Do this:
1. Disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer.
2. Shut down Home.
3. Reconnect the unit to the computer and say 'yes' if you wish to connect.
4. Restart Home.

You should now see the proper screen showing internal and external sd storage instead of the stupid (and wrong) screen showing HARD DRIVE listed twice.

I did that. I still get 2 hard drives shown. Do you have to have a certain version of a map for it to work?

Restored my unit with my 8.302 ver backup and verified that "Susan" was working. Then I reinstalled the new 8.35 software vers to see what would happen. Computer voices are now working, Operate My Go is now working.
Must have had a bad install from the beginning.

To Kim:

While I have the 825 map, I don't think that is the issue. Try uninstalling application 835 and reinstalling.

All, I took a partial plunge and did a surgical upgrade to 8.350. I removed the system file and did a manual navcore cab file upgrade to an SD card. This gave me app 8.350 while keeping bootloader 5.5015. I keep 8.350 on an SD card, and 8.302 on the internal, each with their own copies of voices and maps.

I have a 720, map 825, with PLUS traffic

Confirmed improvements:
- floating icons in browse mode - arrows to home, destination, and current location
- advanced screen in browse mode preferences, with option to disable above icons (markers)
- tts voice in route demo speaks at 400% speed now, up from a max of 200% in 8.302
- able to add rotaries in mapshare realtime - will not show rotary on map, but will show a rotary in the turn arrows, and say "cross the rotary" in route mode
- fixed metric rounding error in mapshare
- fixed hidden turn restrictions in mapshare

Reported improvements but unabe to test:
- fm transmission of instructions, but only when playing music (I don't have mp3s on my tomtom)
- blackberry phonebook import (don't have a blackberry)
- LIVE traffic works in Operate my GO (don't have LIVE traffic)
- lowered (non distorting) line out volume (don't use line out)

Reported new problems that I didn't have:
- screen flicker / river artifacts in 2d mode (possibly memory speed/bootloader related)
- cannot download new voices in HOME (seems to only impact those who previously had the 8.320 hack, try deleting the entire Loquendo and voices folder and reinstall the app)

Confirmed new problems:
- need to increase volume slider by 20% to match the volume from app 8.302
- slower route planning (it waits longer on the "writing instructions" section. Maybe because I'm using an SD card, I'll check again if I attempt an internal memory installation)

Reported new problems but unable to test:
- sound mutes if battery is less than 40% (my battery hasn't yet gotten that low yet)
- 3rd party programs no longer work (I don't use any)
- x40 voice control to a favorite goes to the wrong one (don't have an x40)

Confirmed installation issues:
- long time for initial satellite fix (typical of new software upgrade)

Installation issues that I couldn't test:
- additional HOME disconnect required to see INTERNAL vs EXTERNAL memory (didn't install from HOME)
- repeated pin resets required to see phonebook (my phone doesn't support phonebook transfer)

Overall - the pros outweight the cons for me

Last edited:

Ask a Question