New Application (8.35) released for Go models - FM back

Hi DHN
what is this version for? Map or Tomtom Operating Application Version or something else like firmware..?
Where would I get that. Will my TT home pick it when I hook my device to PC.

It's a new application for Go devices and, yes, when you connect to Home, it'll show a new application is available for dl and installation.

To play safe, I'd make a complete Explorer backup PRIOR to getting the new application and another backup (different folder) AFTER the new application is installed on the unit.

Does anyone know if Operate My GO still works? Or are we going to have the wait the usual week for it to function properly?

Only reference to the emulator on the Brit forum is by one user:

operate my Go is working right off the bat too.

So, that seems ok, although some other 'teething' issues seem to be happening. disconnecting the unit (properly) and reconnecting to Home seems to resolve those issues.

Can anyone who updated to 8.350 post their experience (even if a success)?

It will help risk-averse people like me judge whether to risk an upgrade.

Also, does anyone know if it contains a bootloader change? Since bootloaders are irreversible, I'll end up waiting even more time if there is a bootloader change.

So far, the list of reported improvements don't really impact me:
- FM transmission
- bluetooth phonebook transfer
- mapshare MPH rounding
- shut off TTS (rather than garble voice and dim screen) when battery is low

There are some new additions to the Browse map screen where you get some dloating distance to go pointers that show cursor position relative to Home, Destination and present position - very handy when scrolling around on the map - Mike

Does anyone know if Operate My GO still works? Or are we going to have the wait the usual week for it to function properly?

MVL, just hold off on updating for a few days. I'm seeing quite an assortment of issues and no way to tell which are valid and which are user error or isolated. No rush to update in any case, so just sit back and enjoy the show for a couple.:)

One thing that I noticed right away, computerized voice became a bit quieter, I used to keep it at 95% and it was plenty loud without going "crackled" and now at 100% it sounds a bit less. Is it connected with fixed FM issue somehow? OMG worked right away (after downloading one more file) I'll be driving with it all day long tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

I finally found the raw cab files. Looks like they all have bootloader updates, so I'm going to sit on the sidelines for a bit...

Mike, just curious - the FM fix doesn't apply to the 940.

Does that mean FM on the 940 was never broken, or its broken and they aren't fixing it? I understand leaving the 740 out since it doesn't have the MP3 player.

Also, anyone able to see if bluetooth compatibility / reliability was improved, beyond just the phonebook?

Some are reporting the new 'ease' of transfering phonebook entries isn't working well in reality.

Eagerly Awaited update absolute crap

Guys,

Here is my experience in NZ. I, and my father both have the GO730, purchased only 1 week ago.

Not working prior to 8.350
  • Speed Camera intermittent - sometime saw then, sometimes played voice
  • Advanced Lane - just wont work in NZ
  • FM BUG
  • Speech recognition

Not working AFTER 8.350
  • Speed Camera intermittent - sometime saw then, sometimes played voice
  • Advanced Lane - just wont work in NZ
  • Speech recognition
  • ...and NOW - no voice in demo mode
  • Truncation of TTS name, i.e prior , when approaching "SH1 on Bombay Hills - Entry 471" , it said exactly that, now it just says "SH1"

I am getting to the end of my wits with this pice of $h1T

It may not be correct to describe ALG as 'not working. The reality is that there probably is NO ALG in the NZ map. There is no ALG for any Canadian roads in map 825 either. This isn't a reflection on the application but, rather, the inadequate information on the map itself.

Regarding the voices: Do you have a computer voice selected? And in voice options, there is a preference to read road signs (or similar wording), perhaps it got unchecked, somehow.

• Speech recognition
  • ...and NOW - no voice in demo mode

For speech recognition, do you have a number of cspeech_xx.dat files in your map folder? And do you have the suport_asr.dat fle with a 1 in the root?

For demo mode, in 8.302 voices only worked at 200% speed or less. Does it work at all on lower speeds? If so, what is the new speed cutoff?

Only reference to the emulator on the Brit forum is by one user:

operate my Go is working right off the bat too.

So, that seems ok, although some other 'teething' issues seem to be happening. disconnecting the unit (properly) and reconnecting to Home seems to resolve those issues.

"OPerate my Go" is all greyed out! It gives you 2 hard drives to pick from. It says I can't use it on both! Which hard drive is the one to pick?

Ask a Question