New Application (8.35) released for Go models - FM back

Anyone else notice if there version of TomTom changed in there menu's? I imagine it can easily over looked...
My menus weren't changed. I haven't seen any other users complaining of it. I'm thinking it's something unique to their machine.

Lost my G1 phone connection

The update lost my BT connection to my T-Mobile G1. I deleted the profile and tried to re-establish with no luck. It can see the phone but then says features not supported. Prior to the update, I had handsfree and phonebook.

For the life of me I can see why TT can make the unit get data access from most phones. It goes from bad to worse for BT, the primary reason I bought this model.

Szinman, try unchecking "Link Volume to Noise Level" if you have it enabled.

Last edited:
Wiil installing this app disable Tripmaster and require its re-installation?
Roussillat (sp), the author, reported that 8.350 killed version 2.4 BUT said he was working on the solution and that 2.5 would be released in a day or so..............

Thanks dhn - and Roussillat is a real trooper.

Another question - I am still using 8.302 on my 920, and everything is working good (except bluetooth data connections frequently - but I think that is the $%*^% TomTom server).

I have read through the full thread, but i have net seen a really significant improvement in features in it (may have missed it). Does anything come to mind that I should consider?

I have updated Home, and all seems to be working OK there also It offers me the map upgrade service for the European Map now, but not the constant offer of the US subscription which I already have.

PS - this may be a general info post subject, but currently am running everything on W& RC - all work OK. I have a duel boot setup, so I am assuming it will all work the same on my Vista application also.

Well, 8350 returns the opportunity to have fm transmission of directions in conjunction with the use of a silent mp3 playing; a 'gludge'' solution but it works.....

If you don't need that requirement, well, what's the expression "Don't fix what ain't broke?" :p

After playing with the Tomtom some more, reading number of forums, and upgrading to the official bootloader, here's my consolidated list of improvements/problems that I found in 8.350. I excluded things that seemed to affect only one person.

Note that the app was pulled for 740 users (at least in North America).

Confirmed improvements:
- fm transmission of instructions, but only when playing music
- floating icons in browse mode - arrows to home, destination, and current location
- advanced screen in browse mode preferences, with option to disable above icons (markers)
- tts voice in route demo speaks at 400% speed now, up from a max of 200% in 8.302
- able to add rotaries in mapshare realtime - will not show rotary on map, but will show a rotary in the turn arrows, and say "cross the rotary" in route mode
- fixed metric rounding error in mapshare
- fixed hidden turn restrictions in mapshare
- music/audiobooks resume from where they left off after being interrupted by directions, you no longer miss a piece of the music

Reported improvements but unabe to test:
- blackberry phonebook import (don't have a blackberry)
- LIVE traffic works in Operate my GO (don't have LIVE traffic)
- lowered (non distorting) line out volume (don't use line out)

Confirmed changes (good for some, bad for others)
- max volume reduced 20% from app 8.302, no longer distorts on high volume while on battery. For anyone upgrading from app 8.204/8.310/8.312, the max volume reduced 40%
- changed Bluetooth code. Better pairing/connections for some (like me), worse for others.

Confirmed new problems:
- new screen flicker / river artifacts (only after bootloader upgrade)
- slower route planning when using an SD card, no change when using internal memory
- battery status indicator drops to 90% immediately upon disconnect from power

Reported new problems but unable to test:
- 3rd party programs no longer work, workaround is known and 3rd party developers are making app upgrades

Reported new problems that I didn't have:
- cannot download new voices in HOME (seems to only impact those who previously had the 8.320 hack, try deleting the entire Loquendo and voices folder and reinstall the app)

Confirmed installation issues:

- long time for initial satellite fix (typical of new software upgrade). Afterwards it works normally.

Installation issues that I couldn't test:
- additional HOME disconnect required to see INTERNAL vs EXTERNAL memory (don't use an SD card, didn't happen to me)
- additional HOME disconnect required to use Operate my GO (probably related to INTERNAL vs EXTERNAL issue)
- repeated pin resets required to see phonebook (my phone doesn't support phonebook transfer)

Last edited:
Now that I have had more time with this version I can give an update on the line-out distortion issue. While this version did decrease the level of the line-out it does not fix the distortion issue when using a cassette adapter. Initially I thought it was low enough, but it still distorts on songs that are higher intensity. Once again if you change to FM mode the line out still functions and is at a lower level. This is low enough in my case to cure the distortion.

My dream fix for this would be a nice equalizer type screen where you could set each of the output volumes independently.

One other issue I have seen with this version is that 3 times so far the jukebox has quit playing after a few seconds whenever I start a song. I have had to do a PIN reset in each case to get it functioning.

My dream fix for this would be a nice equalizer type screen where you could set each of the output volumes independently.

Do you mean something like this:

Don't get your hopes up too high though this is a PhotoShop created screen that quite a few of us in the UK would like to see, created by Andy Pearce (permission was obtained to post image on here first though) - Mike

so I may have missed this in the thread but has anyone else experienced a slow down in the refreshing of the map as you proceed along your route? Example, if I am at the end of a route it used to say 500ft, 450, 400, etc now it will get to 500ft , then not update again until I am well into the turn and the next route.

so I may have missed this in the thread but has anyone else experienced a slow down in the refreshing of the map as you proceed along your route? Example, if I am at the end of a route it used to say 500ft, 450, 400, etc now it will get to 500ft , then not update again until I am well into the turn and the next route.

I noticed a big slowdown since app 8.010 to 8.302. Since then, not much difference from 8.302 to 8.350. Since 8.350, I think map refresh is on a lower priority thread, it does seem to be very slow when doing other things like preparing to speak a turn, syncing plus traffic, or auto-dimming.

I seriously miss the performance of NavCore 8.204 for x40 units. The refresh rate was liquid smooth, and all of the icons and colors I miss too, but I do enjoy my FM being back with the latest OS.

Ohh and I see that the same issue with wrong audio directions is still present as some members here have mentioned. I've made at least 2 threads in the past with previous versions of NavCore complaining about my TomTom telling me to "turn left" when I really have to turn right, or vice versa. It happens A LOT still.

Man, I've missed a lot while I was away from this site for a few months. Congrats on becoming supermods :) I'm back now again for good. I had been traveling all around the country for my job and didn't always have much time for anything. No more traveling for me for now since our company has finished our network switch expansion project.

Ohh and I'm glad to be back dhn. Don't want you to think I have been ignoring you or anything. Have you been pin resetting lately?

Sage, trust me.......

Somebody posts that they have an itchy nose. I ask, "Have you tried a pin reset"? :p

Well, I've started having bluetooth problems :(
After loading up 8.350, I took a trip from DFW to Oklahoma City. Everything worked great on the trip up. Next day, on the way back, the remote stopped linking to my 920. I turned the 920 off and back on, and still the remote wouldn't connect--but my phone's data connection also stopped working! It would still connect for hands-free, but it wouldn't connect to get traffic data.
After re-linking my phone at least 5 times, it finally got a data connection, but the remote still wouldn't connect. As the traffic was more important, I left it like that.

Now, a week later, I took a short trip to Dallas and the data and the remote worked just fine. 2 days later, and I'd lost my data connection.

I'm curious if I'm alone in getting these bluetooth problems.

I had similar problems, and a phone reset was the solution.

As mentioned in my long post, I have noticed that some people get more stable bluetooth, and some people get less stable bluetooth with this upgrade. I'm happy, mine is more stable.

So you're not alone.

I haven't noticed your wrong turn issue. There are times when a road turns left, but keeps its name, and tomtom doesn't bother to tell you to turn. I had a same name left and then an immediate right, and tomtom told me to turn right before the same-name left, without mentioning the same-name left.

Also when there a lane drop on a highway (left or right lane), tomtom says "keep left". It should say "keep to the highway", but doesn't.

I noticed a big slowdown since app 8.010 to 8.302. Since then, not much difference from 8.302 to 8.350. Since 8.350, I think map refresh is on a lower priority thread, it does seem to be very slow when doing other things like preparing to speak a turn, syncing plus traffic, or auto-dimming.

see for me it was the 8.302 to 8.35 upgrade. I mean its horrible and makes me want to revert back. I may try a pin reset and see if that helps :)

Ask a Question