New, and having issues

I have a used 510 gifted from a friend, and we took it on our first roadtrip. It was fine until we hit Oklahoma, and it just kept looping through the entire state. Fine when we left Oklahoma, and started looping again in Indianapolis. Also had the occasional garbled voices too.

Tonight I dumped the firmware and reflashed it, but every time I run Home, it shows that I need a firmware update.

Also, programming shows as model 510, with model 710 located on the TT itself.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

sometimes HOME updates the firmware in steps.

so update and keep updating till you get to the latest firmware for your device.

Be careful - if you follow Home's update offerings, you will end up with app version 7.9 - which is full of problems. You want to stay with 7.161, which is very stable. Home will continue to offer 7.9 - but don't install it.

If you had a SD card in with a European map, it will often show up as a 710, but in any case - this is not a problem that should impact its operation.

If you have not already done so, do a windows backup of your unit with hidden files and folders set to show in windows file preferences.

If you are still having some operational issues, do a pin reset and clear_flash and see if this clears things up.

If not, you could then delete all the files (not folders) in the TomTom root directory, and then reinstall 7.161.

Ask a Question