New 920- issues or features?

I just received my TT920 last night.

Here are the issues I am having:

1) When I first turn it on I get the following message:

Warning: The voice you selected is not available.

I have selected "Susan" which is the default US English computer voice. It is installed/ When I select that again, and go through all the things I want the gps to tell me about- all good... until the next time I turn on the gps.

Then I go through the whole thing all over again.

2) My map version is 710.1576- is this the 7.10 everyone refers to? I installed TomTom HOME 2.3 and when I tell it to check maps it tells me I already have the most up-to-date maps. Well, do I?

3) Is the suction mount really this awful? I put it on my windshield this morning for my 20 minute drive to work and it fell off 1/2 way to the office! Luckily I did not have it too high.

4) Speaking of the drive, I selected "Fastest route" and it wanted me to drive a mile out of my way because it was a thoroughfare, then put me on a back road for the last 1/2 mile (30mph limit) even though there was a 45mph state highway that runs parallel (and my office in between the two is closer to the fast road). Is the TomTom always that retarded?

Thanks

madkiwi

1)The susan thing happens to me if/when I hook it up to the computer,if I just shut down are restart the 920 the susan voice is still available.

2)Nope ,there is a version 715.xxx

3)I usually wet my suction cup,works like a charm.

4)Unable to help.

Welcome!

1) what is the OS version you have on your unit?
2)You need to contact TT Support to get the new maps
3)Frimly place the mount on the windsheild first and then the unit on the mount. If you place the unit on the mount and then on the windshield, it will fall off.
4)It will get better when IQ routing comes out.

1- OS version is 7.481 (I did the whole updating thing on HOME as soon as the unit was charged up).
2- I emailed tech support last night, is that all it should take?
3- I did. It fell off again on the way home.
4- What/when/where is IQ routing, and why is it not already part of the system?

Thanks for the answers guys. a.b.normal- I had no problems with voice selection when starting after I stopped playing with the computer connections just like you said.

One other question- is it OK to use a standard USB mini-B cable to connect to the PC and will it charge ok etc? While the cradle thingy is nice, I would like to leave it with my desktop PC and use something a little more compact with my laptop.

madkiwi

1) what OS version did it come with? There are problems with the 7.481 and everyone is going back to 7.221.
2)Calling them is the fastest method
3)Where area on your windshield is your mount going? Middle? Left side?
4)IQ routing is a feature from Navcore 8 that will be available with the 930 units.

I've read that the 930 have appeared in Best Buys. If this is true, you may want to exchange your unit :D

Ask a Question