Few issues with my GO 920

Hi guys, i bought a used, great condition GO 920 from a guy and i have 2 issues.

1. The unit keeps falling off the windshield, the suction cup does not seem to hold well, it holds for 5 mins and then randomly falls off...its weird that it does not have a lock that you press to really stick it on there like most units have.

2. I hooked it up to my PC and installed tomtom home. There were 2 updates available for free and i installed them, at which point the unit shut off. I coult no longer turn it back on, i had to reset it to get it to turn on again. Now every time i hook it up to my PC it wont turn on until i reset it.

I am hoping i can get some assistance if anyone has maybe had the same issues? Thanks in advance.

1. The unit keeps falling off the windshield, the suction cup does not seem to hold well, it holds for 5 mins and then randomly falls off...its weird that it does not have a lock that you press to really stick it on there like most units have.

Make sure both the windshield and the plastic cup are absolutely clean. Use some denatured alcohol. Also, make sure you mount the cup and THEN put the unit on the pedestal part.

2. I hooked it up to my PC and installed tomtom home. There were 2 updates available for free and i installed them, at which point the unit shut off. I coult no longer turn it back on, i had to reset it to get it to turn on again. Now every time i hook it up to my PC it wont turn on until i reset it.

What application do you have on the device and what map(s)? Tap the satellite bars to see the application installed and then tap the version number to see the map(s) installed and version number.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connectto Home and install the application offered. Disconnect from Home PROPERLY using the Device Disconnect icon on Home's screen, bottom right.

Ask a Question