need help !!

JJK

I just got a TomTom One IQ routes and was wondering if I can install the weather feature and traffic feature? How? And how much? Thank you for any help available. Cheers JODY

The country where it appears you are posting from does not have such a model. It seems you are asking about LIVE features. If correct, for what country?

(Canada does NOT have LIVE services).

The country where it appears you are posting from does not have such a model. It seems you are asking about LIVE features. If correct, for what country?

(Canada does NOT have LIVE services).
Sorry, havent had time to do my profile. I am from Calgary. I am sure its a tomtom one with IQ routes

Whats the device part number on the base of the unit as its possible (by a very slim chance) that you have a Live device either purchased in Europe or its been sent to North America by mistake (it wouldn't be the first).

Sadly if it is a Live device it won't work in Canada and neither is it possible to pair the unit to a mobile phone and use the phones data connection as the unit has no Bluetooth capability - Mike

Sorry I should have said serial number not the part number (that's down to me typing with the brain not in gear) - Mike

OK that checks out to be a One IQ Routes which doesn't have Live services or Bluetooth conectivity so Weather isn't going to be available.
It might be possible to add Traffic via a mini USB RDS-TMC receiver but I am not 100% whether that would work in Canada on this unit, perhaps dhn can advise further on this? - Mike

Thanks for all your help!!!!! I really appreciate it. Now all I have to find out whether I can do the traffic one. I seen on TOMTOM products that they have some kind of plug in for the traffic but do not know if is is compatible

According to Tomtom Canada's site the combo car charger/rds-tmc antenna is offered for sale:
- Accessories - TomTom

and you'll notice the compatibility list includes all the XL IQ Routes models in Europe.

I do know that unit DOES work in both Europe and Canada but I was using a 540 model.

I'd call support at 866-486-6866 and ask for a definitive answer that it will work on your unit (which I think is a 140 in North America).

Ask a Question