need help

TomTom Model(s)
2535M Live
personally i do not know why it is so hard for good programers to be able to when downloading a new map, to be able to keep your favorites without doing extra things. I already sent tom tom an email suggestng this to their programmers. Can everybody on this foreum email tom tom also. THeir is no reason this cannot be done. And now with the 4 maps a year it is really a problem. Lets all send emails showing them that this features should be included with each download and for this support topic

Your campaign may have worked....

Tomtom has now posted instructions on how to keep favorites when loading a new map.

Beware that sometimes these steps cause the Tomtom to not start up properly. If this happens, just go to Operate My GO, and add/rename a favorite. That fixes the corruption and lets the device properly start up. (this fix isn't on Tomtom's site)

The simple way to avoid issues when upgrading a map is to use a custom POI file instead of favourites, this will allways work and you can transfer it between different devices, add to this the ability to store phone numbers against each of the entries and the fact that you have no limit to the number of entries you can make and the favourites seem to be a rather pathetic offering not worth using - Mike

favorites automatically brought foreward into new map downloads

Yes your right about a new poi. But the bottom line is that we the consumer should not have to do this. its tomtoms problem and this problem should be addressed and then corrected. Tom tom knows about this problem for many years and present a way of fixing this problem if we do this and do that. It should be automatic. So EMAIL tomtom complaining. Thanks

Ask a Question