Need a list of Bluetooth capable units...

of current TomTom portable GPS units that not only have bluetooth... but also support A2DP v1.2 or newer?

I've tried contact TomTom via email for pre-sales support - but had zero luck via that route.

Most of the threads I read using "search" talked abotu older models that are no longer in production.

Thanks.

124697.jpg

Many of the newer units support BT as well, and they all use A2DP. While no longer quite comprehensive, have a look at the attached list.

Attachments

• Tomtom Hardware Versions 11-2.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,186
Many of the newer units support BT as well, and they all use A2DP. While no longer quite comprehensive, have a look at the attached list.

thanks for the fast reply.

Sadly; I cannot view XLS files easily. I tried to look at it through a "viewer" program; it was jumbled.

Can anyone just type-in (reply) the current TomTom portable models that support A2DP?

I imagine it's just 5 or 6 of them... and it's impossible to get a pre-sales email to TomTom themselves. The internet is full of replies - covering out-of-production models.

GO 2535 TM WTE, LIVE 2535M, 1535M, LIVE 1535
VIA 1605 TM, 1605, 1535, 1505, 1435, 1405
Start 55 TM, 55M, 55, 45 TM, 45M, 45

Again, I need bluetooth & A2DP. Would appreciate any definitive answers.

:cheers:

Last edited:
No XLS ability??? There are Open Office products for these if you're averse to Microsoft apps. There's an awful lot of data being moved about in spreadsheets, Excel formats in particular. Worth looking into some day.

I will try to manage your request manually :(

Via 1435, 1530, 1535
GO 2405, 2505, 2435, 2535
GO Live 1535, 2535

The ones in bold are actually being offered as the newest of the bunch. The others are also available in the retail market.

No XLS ability??? There are Open Office products for these if you're averse to Microsoft apps. There's an awful lot of data being moved about in spreadsheets, Excel formats in particular. Worth looking into some day.

I will try to manage your request manually :(

Via 1435, 1530, 1535
GO 2405, 2505, 2435, 2535
GO Live 1535, 2535

The ones in bold are actually being offered as the newest of the bunch. The others are also available in the retail market.
Thank You !!!

I may be wrong here, I'm no expert on BT protocols.

But I thought that A2DP was the BT "Hi-Fi" protocol, as used for the music player functionality on OLD TomToms.

Although many new TT models have BT for Hands-free phone calls, none of them have audio playback and I didn't think ANY of them could use the A2DP protocol now.

Yikes -- total brain fart. I'm giving the poor guy the HandsFree Profile list!

Hope he's still there!

It's a sad fact that TomTom no longer supports ANY manner of external audio connection for their devices. No 1/8" hardwired connection, No FM modulator, and No A2DP Bluetooth connection. In fact, it's one of my pet peeves of every one of this 'new breed' of TomTom. You either live with the internal speaker or lump it

Nuts .. OP "hung up", likely before he read all of this. I sent him an email to the account he supplied when registering asking him to return to the scene of my crime. Hope he gets it!

Nuts .. OP "hung up", likely before he read all of this. I sent him an email to the account he supplied when registering asking him to return to the scene of my crime. Hope he gets it!

I did; appreciate the effort though.

So, the consensus is that none of the current models output direction voice via bluetooth A2DP ?

:allears:

That is correct. The last models that supported that profile were the GO630, GO740 and GO940 era units. I retain GO740 units for precisely this reason -- they were the last to support ANY external audio out.

From your comments do I take it then that my Go 720 cannot be connected to an external speaker via cable.

I noted only the last units to support it. Your 720 is earlier, and uses a perfectly ordinary 1/8" connector (like you'd find on the end of many personal earbuds and headphones) - hole in the bottom of the unit to accept it. The real question is what you want to do with the other end of the connection.

sorry for delay, I wanted to have an external speaker, making it easier for me to hear the directions.

Understand that your 720 has a stereo output (it plays music, too), so you'll want to use a stereo 1/8" cable (one that has a stereo 1/8" plug on the end) so you're not shorting out one side of your 720's audio. Problem is, we don't know what you're planning on putting on the other end for a speaker, and hence, how it would connect to any cable we could suggest.

You don't say if you have a speaker, or what connection it might have, so I don't know what the other end should look like. If it has simple lugs or binding posts, either find a stereo 1/8" cable with a bare end, or cut the unused connector off.

have not bought any speakers yet, thought I would ask first, any suggestions welcome, not a huge budget.

I'm on the wrong side of the pond to suggest anything to you. It won't take anything large or expensive, and you should be able to get by with a single external speaker. I think the problem I'm running into is that your problem is so 'generic' that it's hard to pin down what to suggest. There are a million ways to accomplish this. Just about any small speaker will do the job. I'd be more worried about whether a particular speaker includes any mounting bracket arrangements, and where to put it in the vehicle. Offhand, a single small speaker from a cheap surround sound home system might be exactly what the doctor ordered. Boot sale, perhaps?

By ANY chance does your vehicle's sound system have a hardwired audio input? That's another alternative for this sort of thing.

Ask a Question