On the road & need to get to a POI, but it's not in the list? Here's the solution:

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One LE
On the road and need to get to a business but don't have access to a computer to look it up?

I found the solution -- just used it this past weekend.

Call 1-800-555-TELL, say "business search", give it a city & state, and either the name of a business or type of business (pizza, etc.) and it will give you audible listings, with phone numbers and addresses that can be entered into your TomTom to get driving directions.

More details: http://www.tellme.com/products/TellmeByVoice

The service is owned by Microsoft and is completely above-board and totally free. I've been using it for weather and news services for years -- I just never thought to use it in conjunction with my TomTom before so I thought I'd share.

topodaworld.gif

I don't know if this service extends into Canada, but it's nation-wide for us Americans...

Glad you guys enjoyed that... Sorry it doesn't extend to our Northern friends.

I call 1-800-555-TELL at least once a day to get the local weather, news, sports scores, and the all-important horoscope.

They also update sports scores during the game so it's nice to find out what's going on if you can't watch it on TV.

also Google free info.

Free google info also works, and seems to have less advertisements to listen to. Once you get you result it'll only give you the street it's on, and phone number. But you can say "TEXT ME" and you'll get a text message on your phone almost instanly with all info including address.

Ask a Question