Need a list of Bluetooth capable units...

Hi, I was under the impression that there had to be 2 speakers as it was stereo plug in 1/8" or 35mm plug metric. If it just a case of plugging a small speaker into that socket then there are plenty of speakers that I can use over here. Fixing brackets are not a problem. The radio is 5/6 years old not the best.

Naw .. while the output is stereo, for instructions, it's the same sound coming out of both sides, do you don't need more than one speaker to do the job. Doesn't matter if you pick the L or R channel off the cable, it'll all sound the same. The reason for using a stereo plug / stereo cable is that a mono plug will short out one side of the audio to ground. If you look closely at a stereo plug, it has a 'tip', the extra center 'ring' for the other channel, and the part closest to the wire is the ground. If you plug a mono plug into the jack, that shorts the center audio to the ground since it's solid metal all the way up to the insulator for the tip.

This all assumes you're not trying to use your 720 for mp3 music or something, in which case you really would want stereo, of course!

So as I understand it the GO740 has an external audio ouput jack. However I need A2DP profile output for use with an bluetooth headset. Can the GO740,940 be used with a headset supporting A2DP profile?

The GO 740 has an external audio output jack ONLY if you supply it with what is known as the "Active Dock" which is not available in North America (don't ask me why - it was a pretty stupid marketing decision) but can be had through European sources. That dock connects pins on the bottom of the 740 through to an 1/8" jack.

Yes, TomTom's units that support Bluetooth audio all use the A2DP profile for this purpose.

Ask a Question