need help with playlist go720

I think that I may have written a message about playlists on this forum but who remembers.....

I used a program to create the playlists while on my computer. Then I edited the resulting file pulling out the part of the path reference that named the DRIVE, leaving only the part of the path that shows where the file is on my SD card (or internal memory). Then I renamed the file's EXTENSION to

PLA

Here's a snippet of a file (I deleted stuff that made the lines wrap in this message):

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:540,Barber - Barber Adagio
Barber\Barber Adagio.mp3
#EXTINF:773,Clarinet Quintet Bm Op115 & Clarinet Trio Am Op114 - Benson -
Brahms Clarinet Quintet Bm Op115 - Benson King Georgian\Brahms - Clarinet 1
#EXTINF:813,Brahms Symphony No 4 - Brahms Sym4 Allegro non troppo
Brahms Symphony No 4\Brahms Sym4 1Allegro non troppo.mp3
#EXTINF:477,Dvorak American Quartet Piano Quintet - 'American': Lento
Dvorak American Quartet\Dvorak American Quartet 06.mp3
#EXTINF:745,Elgar, Walton: Cello Concertos - Cello Elgar Concerto, Op. 85: I
Elgar Cello Concerto\Yo-Yo Ma - Cello, London Symphony Orchestra w, Andre
#EXTINF:820,Mendelssohn Octet -
Mendelssohn Octet\Mendelssohn Octet-4-01 Octet For Strings In E Flat 1. All
#EXTINF:37,Orff: Carmina Burana - Orff: Carmina Burana, Cour D' Amours -
Orff Carmina Burana Normalized\Orff_ Carmina Burana, Cour D' Amours - 23.

The PLA file gets placed in the mp3 folder.

F22 has it right, the key is to rename the file to .PLA so the TT will recognize it.
I use a program called Playlist Creator 3. What I did was make a dir on my PC and in it I placed all the mp3 files i was gonna load up to my TT. I then use the playlist creator to make the list and I save it in the same folder as the mp3's are in. That way there is no file path info included in the playlist info since the playlist is in the same directory as the files (relative path) ...saves the editing process. Just rename the file from a .m3u to .PLA

If you would like to try the playlist creator program, I attached it to this post, it's a free program.

Attachments

• PlaylistCreator3.zip
    844.3 KB · Views: 315
I think you making this harder than it needs to be. The 720 will read any group of MP3 files in a folder in the MP3 folder as a playlist. You don't need an actual playlist file.

For example, if I put 5 songs in a folder and name the folder "Playlist 1", then a playlist named "Playist 1" will show up under playlists with all 5 songs in it. TTH will upload the song files and sort them by artist but you can change that manually (or upload them manually) to make the song files/folders into playlists themselves.

I tried it and works fine that way, seems a lot easier. I ride a motorcycle and
being able to find them with ease makes a big difference.

Thanks,
Texasdrifter

I think you making this harder than it needs to be. The 720 will read any group of MP3 files in a folder in the MP3 folder as a playlist. You don't need an actual playlist file.

For example, if I put 5 songs in a folder and name the folder "Playlist 1", then a playlist named "Playist 1" will show up under playlists with all 5 songs in it. TTH will upload the song files and sort them by artist but you can change that manually (or upload them manually) to make the song files/folders into playlists themselves.

I guess that's true if you don't have many songs. I generate dynamic playlists based on ratings, tempo, etc. If I had to click through my entire music library to do what I bought a tool to do - that would indeed be overcomplicated.

Ask a Question