Help Needed! (recent destinations list)

Hi there.....
As this is a TomTom forum I am hoping someone will be able to help me.
The question relates to a TomTom One and the"Recent Destinations" folder. On the device there is a Recent Destination entry to an "Unmarked Road". The journey is shown on a map and is marked "Start" at one end and"Finish" at the other. The finish is also marked with a chequered flag symbol. If I choose "Route Demo" I am shown the whole journey turn by turn right up to the chequered flag finish on the "Unmarked Road".

My question to you guys is as follows.....does the recording of the route in this way on the TomTom mean that the route was actually physically completed at some time in the past and that the vehicle was actually at the finish position on the unmarked road.
Apologies if this thread has been covered elsewhere but I really could do with your help....!
Thanks for your time
Regards
Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
....does the recording of the route in this way on the TomTom mean that the route was actually physically completed at some time in the past and that the vehicle was actually at the finish position on the unmarked road.

No it doesn't.
In fact, the route hasn't been recorded at all, as the TomTom only remembers locations and always works out a route "on-the-fly" when you ask it to go there.

For a location to end up in the "recent destinations" list, all that needs to have happened is for someone to have entered it in as a destination and for the device to have started working out a route there.
It doesn't have to have been driven there and it doesn't even have to have finished calculating the route.

You can demonstrate this for yourself by going "Navigate to..." and selecting ANYWHERE (maybe from the "Point on map" option on the second page). Then, while the machine is still calculating the route, press "cancel".
If you now go to the "Recent destinations" list, you'll still see that place listed.

I can only guess at what you're trying to find out, but I hope that goes some way to putting your mind at rest.

Ask a Question