My one 3rd wont fire up

My tomtom one 3rd will not turn on. I used it one day, shut it off, went to turn it on and nothing. I've done the reset routine multiple times. Contacted TomTom support and they tell me MY tomtom is out of warrenty. AND THEY SENT IT TO ME IN JULY OF 08 AS A REPLACMENT FOR MY ORIGINAL TOMTOM THAT STOPPED WORKING. IF I HAD HERE NOW WOULD BE 13MONTHS OLD. You mean to tell meTomtom that they only last 1 year AND the units you send out only last 6 months:mad:
I take care of my electronic stuff. My tomtom gets put in a padded case when not in use, so dont tell me I abused it:mad:

Was the battery fully charged as best as you can tell?

Perhaps leave it charging overnight and see what happens in the morning.

YES Had it on USB charge over 4 hours. It shows GREEN LIGHT when hooked up, so I think it's charging. Will leave hooked up over night but doubt anything new will happen, lets hope
Thank You:eek:

Pardon this dumb question........but I'll ask anyway :p

Sure you are resetting by putting the paperclip in the correct hole?

See here

No such thing as dumb questions only dumb answers LOL

Yes, Have done the CORRECT reset hole 5-20 seconds (as stated on tomtom support site) multiple times. It's as if the on/off switch went bad. It does show a green inicator light when charging.

What gets my goat, is this unit was a replacement for one I sent in for service. My first tomtom was gift Christmas '07. less than a year it went totaly dead. Still being "under warrenty", tomtom sent the unit I have now here, that was in Sept '08. So the unit they sent lasted 5 months?
My Tomtom was never dropped, stored in a padded camera case when not using so I dont believe it was abuse that made it stop working:(

LOL I also miss my SYLVIA voice I recently installed :( :(

Last edited:
Another dumb question, but worth a try before you trash it:

I've seen my one become finnicky at times, where I had to hold the power button down for up to 10 seconds. When it's finnicky, even a paper clip reset didn't work for me.

Maybe try holding the power button?

Close To Same Problem

My tomtom one 3rd will not turn on. I used it one day, shut it off, went to turn it on and nothing. I've done the reset routine multiple times. Contacted TomTom support and they tell me MY tomtom is out of warrenty. AND THEY SENT IT TO ME IN JULY OF 08 AS A REPLACMENT FOR MY ORIGINAL TOMTOM THAT STOPPED WORKING. IF I HAD HERE NOW WOULD BE 13MONTHS OLD. You mean to tell meTomtom that they only last 1 year AND the units you send out only last 6 months:mad:
I take care of my electronic stuff. My tomtom gets put in a padded case when not in use, so dont tell me I abused it:mad:

I CALLED TOM TOM MY ONE XL WAS ALSO OUT OF WARRENTY
THEY TOLD ME TO SEE IF I COULD GET THE BATTERY CHANGED
BUT THEY COULD NOT DO IT FOR ME.
WHERE CAN I GET A BATTERY CHANGED? I WAS WONDERING IF RADIO SHACK
COULD DO IT. RON G.

Last edited:
MY TOM TOM ONE XL, IS ABOUT 14 MONTHS OLD
I CALLED TOM TOM, AND OF COURSE THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO
THEY TOLD ME TO MABE TRY CHANGING BATTERY.
THEY TOLD ME THEY COULD NOT DO IT, BUT IF I WAS HANDY, TRY DOING
IT MYSELF.
FIRST OF ALL I'M NOT THAT HANDY, THEY TOLD ME MABE RADIO SHACK
COULD DO IT.
I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE THANK YOU RON G.:
:confused:

Ask a Question