My Mapshare Updates Don't

Mapshare is working. Someone else has verified the 30+ POIs I entered into a retail park on the outskirts of the city I live in.
How long do they normally take then? Am I just not patient enough?

Also, why can I not "Navigate to" a street name that I added, that is showing up on my map?

Thanks,

Rob

I have the new TT ONE XL-S and have a different problem.
I live close to an highway entrance ramp which TT does not seem to know about. This highway (metropolitain boulevard) was built close to 40 years ago and this entrance ramp was there originally. Whenever I plan to go East, TT has me going 2 miles West of where the entrance ramp is located to get me to use the one that is located West to it. Even if I try an alternate route to get it 100 meters to the one I wish, it sends me way out West over the highway and back to the entrance ramp West of the one I always used. If I disregard the instructions, I guess my car becomes an helicopter to jump on this elevated highway! I submitted the change which was sent and can be observed with the satellite view of Google maps and is right with all Navteq maps but have yet to observe the change.

This particular entrance ramp is to East bound highway 40 and just East of Saint-Hubert street in Montreal, QC, Canada close to N45.54976 and W 73.63295.

I just retried and found something weird! I decided to retry the whole procedure and zoom on the map. The update now seems to be there but if I try to say navigate to that previously used (not the very last) point of interest it uses the old route. I then tried to force going to the exact entrance detail (on the biggest zoom possible) and it now removes the old detour and uses the right entrance ramp! Would certain map updates be effective only if you force a route thru it? Would the TT retain old trip routes and reuse them without recalculating all the new alternatives that the map updates provide? I need to experiment more on this...:confused:

Update... I experimented and retrieved all MapShare updates from TT Home and any time I plan a route from home that would get me on Highway 40 EB, it still routes me beside the correct ramp to send me to the next one further East. The TT route will send me right beside it but always ignores it unless I create a waypoint exactly with coordinates on the entrance ramp and then sees it and reroutes correctly. The entrance ramp is on the map but the routing function ignores it. Google maps does the correct routing thru it without fuss.

Last edited:
I have the new TT ONE XL-S and have a different problem.
I live close to an highway entrance ramp which TT does not seem to know about. This highway (metropolitain boulevard) was built close to 40 years ago and this entrance ramp was there originally. Whenever I plan to go East, TT has me going 2 miles West of where the entrance ramp is located to get me to use the one that is located West to it. Even if I try an alternate route to get it 100 meters to the one I wish, it sends me way out West over the highway and back to the entrance ramp West of the one I always used. If I disregard the instructions, I guess my car becomes an helicopter to jump on this elevated highway! I submitted the change which was sent and can be observed with the satellite view of Google maps and is right with all Navteq maps but have yet to observe the change.

This particular entrance ramp is to East bound highway 40 and just East of Saint-Hubert street in Montreal, QC, Canada close to N45.54976 and W 73.63295.

I just retried and found something weird! I decided to retry the whole procedure and zoom on the map. The update now seems to be there but if I try to say navigate to that previously used (not the very last) point of interest it uses the old route. I then tried to force going to the exact entrance detail (on the biggest zoom possible) and it now removes the old detour and uses the right entrance ramp! Would certain map updates be effective only if you force a route thru it? Would the TT retain old trip routes and reuse them without recalculating all the new alternatives that the map updates provide? I need to experiment more on this...:confused:

My understanding of how mapshare works is that POI errors and certain minor street errors (a street that is going the wrong direction for example) show up almost immediately for other users when shared. Other more major errors (adding a new street or an onramp error) are not shared with other users until verified by TT and/or Tele Atlas (the map maker) even if reported by many users.

Other more major errors (adding a new street or an onramp error) are not shared with other users until verified by TT and/or Tele Atlas (the map maker) even if reported by many users.
I would really rely this to be true, because mapshare in the hands of naughty people can really make this GPS thing quite impossible to work with.

Ask a Question