Mapshare updates don't reflect on map (not even my own!!)

I have it set to show my own updates, as well as other peoples updates, (even unverified ones).

A round-about was put in at an intersection near my house. -- So I made a "Add Round-About" map update for the intersection.

It didn't show on my tomtom, right away like I expected.

In fact, it still does not show on my tomtom, and I have submitted the change, and then synced mapshare with HOME afterwards more than once, and no matter what I do, I don't get a round about on my map.

Anybody else experience this? Any have an idea why?

Mapshare is more of a reporting service for map errors. You cannot add a missing road or roundabout etc. it's simply a reporting service in these cases to tomtom and hopefully those changes will show up on a new map version. they will never show up on your current map version.

mapshare can do some things though, like block an existing road, rename or add names to streets etc. these changes will show up immediately on your current map as well as perhaps be added to newer map versions.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but if you have missing streets or whatever in your area, you can do nothing more than report these to tomtom through mapshare. and then tomtom would have to verify the changes, and make a new map version which you would have to purchase.

Last edited:
@flyer: you seem to be mistaken......

If Map share is just a "reporting tool"

The why in the world do I have the option of which corrections I want to "use"

i.e.
I can use corrections:
I made myself
verified by tomtom
from trusted sources
reported by many
reported by some

each with a little check box next to it.

I check them all, to use corrections from any source, and press "Done"
The next screen says:
"You have decided to use the map corrections made by other people that have not been checked by TomTom or the map data provider. These corrections might include mistakes. Are you sure you want to use these corrections?

@Pedro2NR: (or anybody) -- so what kind of map corrections do get used then?

The map corrections are shared.
However, you will not physically see a road removed or added. The physical change will be updated in a future map release.

The why in the world do I have the option of which corrections I want to "use" ?

Some corrections can be shared.

If I add a name to one of the many unnamed roads in my area, and upload that change to mapshare, eventually it might make it to your system when you download mapshare changes. I can also block a section of road here where a bridge no longer exists for instance. you should get that change also.

If you did similar things in your area, you will see these immediately on your maps. And I would eventually get those changes through mapshare.

but as I said in the case of adding roads or a roundabout that cannot be done by the user and in those cases mapshare is indeed nothing more than a reporting service so that future maps might get updated...You tell tomtom of the change through mapshare, they verify it and put those streets or roundabouts on a new map version. You will never see the change in your unit unless that change makes it to a new map version and you actually purchase that map version.

Last edited:
Some corrections can be shared.

If I add a name to one of the many unnamed roads in my area, and upload that change to mapshare, eventually it might make it to your system when you download mapshare changes. I can also block a section of road here where a bridge no longer exists for instance. you should get that change also.

If you did similar things in your area, you will see these immediately on your maps. And I would eventually get those changes through mapshare.

but as I said in the case of adding roads or a roundabout that cannot be done by the user and in those cases mapshare is indeed nothing more than a reporting service so that future maps might get updated...You tell tomtom of the change through mapshare, they verify it and put those streets or roundabouts on a new map version. You will never see the change in your unit unless that change makes it to a new map version and you actually purchase that map version.

Thanks for the info. BTW - sorry about my previous response -- I jumped the gun, and didn't even read the rest of your post after I read the part about it just being more of a reporting tool. :eek:

Ask a Question