My GO930 doesn't Regognize Quebec

TomTom Model(s)
GO930
1 month old GO930. I bought in because I am on the road often - usually in the Southern US. My 1st trip it worked fine in Florida. My 2nd trip - to Montreal & Quebec City - was DOA. My TomTom just errors when I punch in a Quebec address: Error During Planning . . .. This happened at Dorval airport on arrival & persisted for my entire visit. Resetting etc didn't change it.

On return to Ontario, it works fine again. I updated it via the web etc. Except it still won't accept an address in Quebec & gives the same error message.

Any ideas? I am on my way to Montreal again on Thursday & I would like to use it.

Ian

When you select Navigate to -->Street and address, are you selecting the Canada map first?

Yes. I select Canada. I just tried it again here at my desk in Toronto. It has the city & address databased but when I hit go, it errors. I have tried physical address, city center etc - all with the same error.

Ian

Attached is a screen shot . . .

error.jpg

Thanks btw

Ian

Under planning settings, do you have some restrictions that are limiting the potential for generating a proper route?

What method are you using? Fastest? Shortest? Avoid Toll roads? etc., etc...

Try to take all restrictions off and see if a route is discovere? What application and map version do you have? (Application is found by tapping the satellite bars and the next screen shows the application version. Tap the version number and the next screen shows the Map version and Build installed.).

If it's a month old, did you take advantage of the Latest Map guarantee?

Have you tried a pin rest?

Report back.

What method are you using? Fastest? Shortest? Avoid Toll roads? etc., etc...
Fastest. I killed all restrictions (toll, ferries, HOV etc) & got the same result.

What application and map version do you have? (Application is found by tapping the satellite bars and the next screen shows the application version. Tap the version number and the next screen shows the Map version and Build installed.).
Version 8.302
Map: North_America v815.2019

If it's a month old, did you take advantage of the Latest Map guarantee?
No . . . what/where/how?

Have you tried a pin rest?
Yes. Several times. I have linked & updated since.

Ian

I just tried Navigate To --> City Centre --> Le Gardeur QC (from Thornhill) using Fastest.

It planned the route and I got no error. This was with NA map 8.25 and application 8.302.

You have to have some restriction in there causing the issue.........

If you've had the unit less than 30 days, you are eligible for the Latest Map guarantee. If yours is within that time frame, try the latest map guarantee from within Home. If it says you have the latest, then call Support at 866-486-6866.

Even if you are just out of the 30 days, try calling Support and playing dumb about the LMG. Say that Home told you you had the latest and you just found out you did not (because you do not). You may get lucky....

Back to the map issue: 8.15 should cause have no issues just like 8.25.

Try 'shortest' and see what happens.

Success! I called the Customer Service at the # you posted. After the usual dialog & checks, she determined that my NA map was corrupt. She gave me a current map v825.2157.

Quebec now exists. They haven't left Canada yet. :D

Thanks for your help, dhn.

Ian

Ask a Question