my 720 is loosing factory POI's

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
Why is my TT720 loosing the factory PIO's after I do the map share updates. The last 2 times I went t use my unit after a GPS fix and map share update my TT POI's are blank for every catagory.:mad:

I have 715 map with 7.481 software. I did not have this problem till I switched to 7.148. Is this a known issue:confused:

Why is my TT720 loosing the factory PIO's after I do the map share updates. The last 2 times I went t use my unit after a GPS fix and map share update my TT POI's are blank for every catagory.:mad:

I have 715 map with 7.481 software. I did not have this problem till I switched to 7.148. Is this a known issue:confused:

I had same problem after 7.481 but when I tried to run my 720 from Home it detected a problem and fixed it automatically. Hope this works for you too.

MRP
What do you mean run your 720 from home?? I fugured out the run from home part and it downloaded a map share update and did not erace the POI's. I wonder if it is the GPS satt update that is doing it?

Last edited:

One of the reasons why factory POIs are lost is cause of the high number of personal POIs. Check if you exceed 100 POIs (also *.ov2 files).

--pilsit

I do not have many personal PIOs on my unit. Maybe 15 total. I do have some other's I have downloaded but then not many of them also.

Your icons are missing from the maps after using home? Or are you saying the actual poi's are deleted and all categories are blank.

One of the reasons why factory POIs are lost is cause of the high number of personal POIs. Check if you exceed 100 POIs (also *.ov2 files).

--pilsit
I think that limit is on ov2 files themselves. Not the number of POI's in them.

What I am saying is the list of cateories is there but if you choose one it is totally blank and unit searching and does so forever. The cateories are blank totally all the factory ones

What I am saying is the list of cateories is there but if you choose one it is totally blank and unit searching and does so forever. The cateories are blank totally all the factory ones

Racefan, I am superior at suggesting stupid things.....and I'll prove it right now.:eek:

Go into TTHome and check Add Maps--POIs and see if the various categories are checked or not. If not, check them and see what happens with a dl and install.

Ask a Question