Move Map from SD Card to memory on GO400

TomTom Model(s)
GOViaLive,GO950Live GO1000Live X2, GO1005Live, GO400
I do not think it possible, but can anyone tell me if there is any way I can move the Map, installed on my GO400 SD card to the main memory. The card is 8GB and the Map is about 5.3GB and there is more than enough spare memory on the device memory.to install it there. The does not appear to be any option on MyDrive to move the map.

Attachments

• Memory on GO400.JPG
    Memory on GO400.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 346
There is no way to control where a map lands UNLESS you can use up so much internal memory that it is forced over to the uSD card. Since adding custom content (like a really BIG custom POI file) isn't possible yet, there is no way to use up enough memory so as to cause this to happen. That's a trick we sometimes used on Nav3 units, but it's rarely something that needs to be done. How is it that you want to do this?

Ah - never mind. What you were asking was so unusual that I got it entirely backwards anyway. My brain read "move map from internal to uSD", not "move map from uSD to internal". Not that there's still anything to be done about that, but at least I could have read it correctly!

May be a silly question but what about removing the SD card. Shouldn't MyDrive offer the map as it is assigned (on account) to the device but there is nothing?

Yes, that would definitely work, but as it happens, this unit needs to be returned to TT anyway under RMA, so harm done if there's no map on the unit when it arrives.

Remember where else you know GeePee from. It's not like he can spell everything out.

That said, your idea would definitely have merit on a Nav3 device, but I'm not sure what would happen on Nav4. Since the units to which we have access always show no map info at all in MyDrive, I don't know how one would delete the duplicate map on the uSD card after loading a the same map to internal and then reinstalling the uSD card, nor what Nav4 would think if it found duplicate maps. At best, it would ignore it, and you'd have a lot of wasted space on the card. At worst, one might have to format the uSD card to get rid of the map, along with anything else useful that might have been stored there (like another map!).

Until we get the MyDrive + Nav4 thing down as pat as it is presently working with Nav3, it's kind of a crap shoot.

My point was that the information about the RMA had not been made at time of my suggestion.
The first question should have been made to the powers to be.
It cannot be said that the device needed to be in its exact state, else Graham had not asked how to make changes.

Since he was comfortable to ask the question I cannot see why now worry the there will be 2 maps on the device, if a replacement had been offered to internal.

May be a silly question but what about removing the SD card. Shouldn't MyDrive offer the map as it is assigned (on account) to the device but there is nothing?
In the cause of experimentation, Arno, I will do just that and see what happens.

Hi Arno
Removed SD card and connected to MyDrive. MD opened and said device up-to-date but no Map shown and no offer to reinstall it. Replaced SD card and same comment - device up to date and it showed the installed map. Just for interest!!
Graham

Removed SD card and connected to MyDrive. MD opened and said device up-to-date but no Map shown and no offer to reinstall it.
Thanks for the feedback, Graham.
Since we don't see the installed map I was wondering what would happen if the device is switched on with the SD card removed. (Very likely nothing at all.)
Arno

My point was that the information about the RMA had not been made at time of my suggestion.
Nor was it known when I made my first reply.

Ask a Question