migrating favourites

When I plugged in my Go 510 it went blank, started smoking and is no longer operable. Is there some way to access my Favourites from the memory card and migrate them to another unit? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Remove the storage card from the device and put it in a card reader attached to the PC, use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the SD card and open the map folder, it will be named "North America" or something similar. In your map folder will be a file named "MapSettings.cfg" locate this and copy it to your PC.

Download and install POIEdit from Here and use this application to open the MapSettings.cfg file. Edit any of the locations you don't need such as Home etc then use File/ Save As and choose ov2 format. Name the file "_My Favourites" (The _ at the beginning of the file name is important as it puts the POI file first in the list making it easier to find on the device). Copy the resultant .ov2 file to your map folder on the new device, all your old Favourites will now be available as POI liocations - Mike

Ask a Question