Menu question

Got the 2GB card today and decided to do a fresh install instead of a backup/restore. I love my custom menu, as anyone who's made one would....

Does anyone have the template for the original stock menu? There is no mnu file I can find unless you make a custom one.

I want to rearrange my custom and compare to the original my in test form...

One can't make a custom menu file exactly like the original one, because a custom menu doesn't offer all the options that the regular menu offers.

I dont want to make an origional, I want to add to the existing template then rearrange the icons. This way I'm sure to ahve all functionallity, but just the top ones i use up front. Know what I mean?

I understand. You just want to rearrange from the original. In order to rearrange, you need to make a custom menu. Custom menus won't offer all the icons that the original offers. At least it doesn't for my 910.

It's doable... but I think it would take looking at the menu builder and the TT att he same time and try to replicate and exact template, then add/change/edit...and that don't sound like a fun task. If I don't hear from Spook I may jsut grit my teeth and do it.

Hi battom,

Pedro2NR is right, you can't do what you are describing because there is no known complete list of the required menu commands. Some of the options that are in the standard menu are not available in the SDK, therefore you can't add them to a custom menu.

Things like the 'PLUS services', 'more/less menu options', are missing. If there are some you can live without, you can use a custom menu. The inbuilt menu is not editable.

Either leave the menu as it is because you need all its functions or use a custom menu because you don't need all the options.

I can confirm with a Garmin you CANNOT customize the menu. This is one of my favorite things with the TT. I do wish you could start from the original menu and customize from there, like battom is describing. Maybe one of these days...

I'm working on it! Sheesh... with all the non-rule following download requests adnthe TTS hack requests.... how can I get any legit work done?!?!?! :D

Ask a Question