Custom Menu question

When you install the custom menu and have a 3rd-party software App like TripMaster or MediaCenter installed you have to use the user SDK App. It numbers your apps for you as placemarks on the menu builder. My question is how does it know what app is what number?

Does it go by install date? Alphabetical list?

I ask because after my map upgrade my custom menu is royally FUBAR'd

Line 4 of menu 1 reads:
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|
That used to be my TripMaster, but now it's Event_Logger astonomical calender.

So I figured if I went into the sdkregistry folder and renamed the cap files in the order I wanted them in my menu that would help.
Like this:
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1| would point to 1-tripmater.cap
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK2| would point to 2-MediaCenter.cap

And so on.. but that didnt' work.

Any insights for me?

Last edited:
Check the sdkregistry folder.
the number depends on the number and date of the .cap files in the /sdkregistry directory.
Remove the .mnu file to return to its orginal menu and see if the icons are listed on page 4 of 4 of the Main menu. If it's there then make a new .mnu file.
Worst case scenario is to remove tripmaster etc and reinstall.

Well I did that already.
I have 9 cap files. Doing a restore/backup has given them all the same date/timestamp.

I REALLY don't want to rebuild my custom menu from scratch.

What if I add another app and I decide I want that one to be SDK1? How would I do that? what makes SDK1 look for a particular .cap file? There's nothing in tomtom.mnu that defines it. I can't seem to see anything in the cap file to define it as SDK1 either. Is there somewhere else I should look?

Last edited:
That's what I was asking...

but nnow that I've done a backup and restore all the cap file datres and timestamps are the same.

I made a change in my mnu file

MENUITEM|TASK_SDK9| -tripmaster

the -tripmaster I thought i could use as a remark field without breaking the menu...it worked! this might help me rebuild.

Last edited:

Ask a Question