Custom Menu for GO730

TomTom Model(s)
GO-730
I decided to change the Main Menu on my GO730 and am getting odd results. I have created the directory \SDKRegistry and made the Tomttom.mnu file:

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|Custom Menu 1 of 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Custom Menu 2 of 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|

When I try to use it I get the display shown in the attachment. Has anyone got any idea how to make it display the correct Custom Menu?

Attachments

• TomTom GO730 Custom Menu Displayed.JPG
    TomTom GO730 Custom Menu Displayed.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 460
My question is WHY you think a custom menu would offer anything more than the standard screens already offer on a 730??

I mean you get 3 pages of the main screen AND 8 pages of preferences on that model.

Futher, you can also create a Quick menu button on the driving screen, that when invoked, adds a bunch of choices with 1 tap.

Bottom line: I personally wouldn't mess around with the menu structure on that model.

The reason is that, for example, to delete a route takes going though two screens before the option. The items in the 'TomTom' version are not necessarily in the optimum places, at least for me. So a Custom Menu is the best way around this 'problem'.

Have just tried with it spelt tomtom.mnu and Tomtom.mnu- exactly the same effect

@Velvetcoat
Also, depending upon the editor you are using and the way your OS is set up to display file names (i.e., set not to display known file extensions), be sure you don't actually have a file called Tomtom.mnu.txt or TomTom.mnu.rtf or similar there by accident. Double check the filename with Properties if necessary to be sure.

Also, I would swear this was a case sensitive situation (it's a Linux system under the hood), and that the file should, very specifically, be called TomTom.mnu

Sorry, I can confirm that the file was Tomtom.mnu with 2 t's. Tried changing filename to TomTom.mnu - exactly the same problem.

Ask a Question