How to customize menus in 920

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I used Menu Builder to customize the menus in earlier units, but I don't believe it will work on the 920. How can I customize the menus (rearrange items and add items such as SkipWayPoint) in the 920?

In your device, do you have "sdkregistry" folder at root? Do you see "tomtom.mnu" file? if so open it up with Notepad or Wordpad, post it up here so I can take a look if it's correct or not

It has been long enough that I had forgotten about sdkregistry. At one time I had manually coded a tomtom.mnu file. My 920 does not have sdkregistry, so no tomtom.mnu. If I created a folder and .mnu would it work?

Answered my own question

It does work. Now I just have to come up with all the commands and code the menu. Perhaps the Menu Builder will provide what I need. I'll report back.

It will work fine but don't waste time trying to get the Map Share or HelpMe icons into the custom menu as these options are not accessable from a custom menu - if you find a way to get these working then there will be a few 1000 TT users that would be very happy, but doub't its possible :( - Mike

Thanks for your thoughts, folks. I've decided there more to be lost than gained and will just stick with the standard menus.

By the way Mike, I have a friend (a Morgan owner) who lives near you in Lytham St. Annes.

Lovely place Lytham although its a little on the cold side at the moment, the old Morgan isn't a car we see around here very often at all - Mike

Ask a Question