I found it! --> Customize startup and shutdown SOUNDs!

Birdman

birdmen
TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 920
OK, I know many people have been asking about a way to add a startup sound to the TomTom, specifically the TomTom ONE version.

I have found the answer and more..

The following program from TomTomHeaven.com allows a user to not only have multiple startup SPLASH screens, but also allows you to customize the startup, shutdown, and reboot audio sounds!!!:
>>> Splash 3.1 <<<

Remember to ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING 3rd PARTY SOFTWARE!

Since this is written in French, I will post the translation of the README file included with the download...pay particular attention to the highlighted Items below:

-------
The 27/02/2007
25/11/07 revised for the V7

Splash.sh
Version 3.1
FREEWARE

Splash.sh is a shell can change at each startup GO, the boot image (called splash).
This version also allows you to change the image at each stop suspend.bmp
Associated with each startup process boot / suspend / resume a sound

This version also manages the migration from version 1.0 -> version 2.0 -> version 3.0
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

(For the record
- Version 1.0 of 11/01/2007 dealt only image splash
- Version 2.0 of managed 20/02/2007 increasingly changing the image suspends
)

SUMMARY:

1 - LICENSE
2 - INSTALLATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION
3 - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
4 - IMPORTANT POINT
5 - OPERATING

1 - LICENSE:

11 - Liability

The author may in no circumstances be held
Liable for any problem (s) (s)
(S) occurred when using the software
Altitdude for TOMTOM GO. The perfect
Operating software was in no
Guaranteed case, the user is solely responsible
The utilization of software.

12 - Distribution and Use

This software has been designed for users of
TOMTOM GO gratuitously and does
Under no circumstances be sold.

If you want to distribute, you need me
Seek prior permission and
Guarantee its dissemination and use freeware,
At the following address: @ free.fr olivier.lauwick

13 - Legal

Splash.sh is free and unlimited
In time. The public distribution of
For commercial purposes is prohibited.

2 - INSTALLATION OF IMPLEMENTATION:

To install the application proceed as follows:

-- Connect the tomtom with the usb cable.
-- Rename the file ttn your tomtom "ttn.old" (it will be read in second place after whoever comes here)
-- Extract the files in the archive trouvants directly to the root of TomTom
(The tree has changed from 1.0 splash, do not panic the first call of 3.0 splash will order your old splash)

/ Ttn -> update the rc file TT + launches its boot
/ Execute / splash.sh -> shell management of images and sound to stop and hot start
/ Execute / commands / executionhelper.pl -> shell modification rc file (Taken from executionhelper v2.x) - |
/ Execute / commands / printnmeaset -> Ask yoghurt ;-) (Taken from executionhelper v2.x) | -> http://gps.dg4sfw.de / execute / commands / microperl -> To change rc file ( Made of executionhelper v2.x) - |
/ Catapps / etc / mplayer.conf -> config file of mplayer
/ Catapps / bin / mplayer -> mplayer
/ Splash / splash -> images directory splash.bmp
/ Splash / suspend -> images directory suspend.bmp
/ Splash / her / boot.wav -> his boot
/ Splash / her / suspend.wav -> son of the judgement
/ Splash / her / resume.wav -> his hot start
/ LisezMoi.txt -> explanations

*** WARNING ***

-- No need to file cleanup.txt splash

Please either delete the line -> daemon | / opt / bin / splash.sh |
Either delete this file if you have no plugin that uses it

3 - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

Operating System: TOMTOM v 7.xx (and below if it does not suspend image)
Tested on ONE V1 (mine)
Must Operate on Go Classic / 300 / 500 / 700 / One V1/V2 / Rider / x10

Images stored in the directory / splash / splash should be already formatted splash (itself linked to the model of your GO)
Images stored in the directory / splash / suspends must already be formatted suspend (itself linked to the model of your GO)
The sounds are wav format Ok (But certainly mp3)

4 - IMPORTANT:

-- I recommend that you save your GO before making changes to your files
-- For the proper functioning of the closing image please antitheft.bmp rename the file (if it becomes a priority)
-- If you install daylightapr?s splash_3_1 take care not to crush the file ttn. Whoever comes is compatible for daylight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 - OPERATING

-- Copy your various images splash in the directory / splash / splash with the extension. Bmp -> If you have version 1.0 or 2.0 of splash, the first move your old boot splash in the right directory.
-- Copy your various images suspended in the directory / splash / suspended with the extension. Bmp
-- In the first start of a directory GO / splash / splash / temporary is created in which we find as the various images used.
-- A file / splash / splash / name is created containing the name of the image being used as a splash.
-- At each start the splash is changed depending on the images installed in the directory splash.
-- The treatment is the same with the images suspended except that the directory is / splash / suspends

-- For sound, it is a start
Sounds are under / splash / her --> I don't see a /her folder, the sounds appear to be in the /son folder
The sound resume.wav should be short. I have not yet managed to do so cutting the duration TT quickly
The sound boot.wav will be extended, but I do not know the limit. It is executed only after a reset.
The sound suspend.wav will also be lengthened.
I can not substitute for TamTam TT. The latter being in the loader

Author's note
----------------

-- Designer olive LAUWICK -> olivier.lauwick @ free.fr

-- I am not a programmer. So I made with the means at hand. (Which are low)

-- I want to thank especially the team TomtomHeaven.

-- The site http://gps.dg4sfw.de/ Joghurt of which I took part executionhelper V2.x

Looks like One v3 are outta luck!

I wouldn't say that.....just because he doesn't explicitly state V3 in his listing (Must Operate on Go Classic / 300 / 500 / 700 / One V1/V2 / Rider / x10) doesn't mean it won't work.

In fact, knowing the V3 has the Navcore 7 operating system, I'm highly confident that this WILL work.

Give it a shot....worked on my ONE LE and that isn't listed.

OK, I know many people have been asking about a way to add a startup sound to the TomTom, specifically the TomTom ONE version.

I have found the answer and more.........

Since this is written in French, I will post the translation of the README file included with the download...pay particular attention.......

So, BM, do you speak French or is there a translated site or a translation program available? And, how about one for German as well. I confess, I'm a cultural barbarian. English (only) has worked just fine for me for nigh onto six decades. I'm not averse to learning more languages, but I'm having enough trouble just learning TomTom!

So, BM, do you speak French or is there a translated site or a translation program available? And, how about one for German as well. I confess, I'm a cultural barbarian. English (only) has worked just fine for me for nigh onto six decades. I'm not averse to learning more languages, but I'm having enough trouble just learning TomTom!

Here ya go...VERY useful translation tool. You can select different translations from the pulldown menu:
>>> Google Translation Tool <<<

No Problem.
It is just me, but I do not see the .ttn file in my 920.

I didn't see a ttn file in my root directory, either. I just used Windows to search for one on the TomTom and it found it in a sub-folder. Not really sure if it is that important if the ttn file isn't in the root directory, you might not have to worry about it.

Ask a Question