Can I customize my own directions?

Hi-

I just got the Tomtom One (3rd edition). I was excited to hear that google maps and Tomtom teamed up to make getting to POI easier. I wanted to set a specific direction from my house to a POI in Google and then send it over. It would not allow me this option. So I called Tomtom and they said you can't customize your own directions, the gps is jusy a guide to help you. You can select different preferences like shortest route, yada yada yada.

Whlie that might be all well and good, but what i really would like to know is if I have a specific route that I want my wife to take, let's say, can she plug it into this tomtom??? If not, which gps allows this "customizing your own direction" feature?? Or does none exist? I assumed if I can send info from google maps over to it, then why couldn't i send a customized direction i want, right?

Thanks so much for your suggestions, I've been searching all over for an answer

Happy Holidays!
:D

Customized directions

First, I think you would need the latest version of Navcore software, 7.162, because I think that gives you an "itn" folder if I'm not mistaken. Once you have installed that, go to http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/ and follow the instructions for creating an .itn file. I have tried it, and it worked for me.
:cool:

Last edited:

Ask a Question