Menu code and icon questions

I have a Mac, and even though I have Windows installed and can use both ther Color Scheme Editor and the POI Editor (tho the one I found online is perfect for me), I've been unable to fully install the Menu Creator. I've used the online one, but a) it doesn't have all the commands I'm looking for and b) it's actually faster for me to code by hand.

Would someone be willing to create a menu for me that has ALL the options available for the TT ONE and send it to me as a text file? I've found several resources for the code, but a few commands appear to be missing.

Also, is there any way for me to get ahold of the bmp's used for menu icons? I'm having some trouble creating my own and I think access to the originals would be extremely helpful.

Thanks so much!

At the current momment, not all commands are known or listed anywhere i.e. Load Itinerary. There are even some commands that do not work (the Tutorial Help). The best source you can get, and is official, is the SDK6 documentation found in the Official Release forum.

There are some menu icons that you can use and are listed in my How-to in installing POI's. Click here.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, all the files I found in the threads linked from your POI explanation are for POIs rather than menus.

Do you know where I can find the menu icons?

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, all the files I found in the threads linked from your POI explanation are for POIs rather than menus.

Do you know where I can find the menu icons?

Sorry about that, I read your question too fast. I don't know where you can get Menu icons. Perhaps someone can jump in and help out.

You guys are so fantastic. :) I actually did email him, but when I didn't hear back, I figured I'd try my luck here, in case someone had already made the same request.

I'm definitely glad I got a TomTom for all the helpfulness I've run into around here!

I don't think you can get the original menu icons. from the code it looks like it's built in and the custom menus are only tags where the unit recognizes it and uses the icons to display them.

I don't think you can get the original menu icons. from the code it looks like it's built in and the custom menus are only tags where the unit recognizes it and uses the icons to display them.

Then how did Mr. Duncan get all the icons for his menu program? You are not using code to make the menus, but dragging and dropping the icons.....:confused:

this is a good point on his software.
The easiet way to get these icons would be to print screen the program or TT and edit each one and save it as an icon.

I don't think this still changes that you can change an icon on tomtom with another. I know this can be done with custom applications like tripmaster.

Thanks again to everyone for your help. I will try again to build a few of my own based on the specs I've seen here, using the converted png files from the online menu editor as bases.

I have also been unsuccessful forcing the menu to display text under MENUITEM|TASK_PAGEn command, even though the same command worked to change text under other icons.

In other words:

MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES||"Prefs Menu"|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|"pagenext.bmp"|"Page 2"|

I successfully get Prefs Menu, but not Page 2.

I think his documentation says that you can change any text EXCEPT the text under "Page 2"-type icons. I read that somewhere recently.

Ask a Question