memory cards

Also, you need to update your application to 8.300 or later for SDHC cards to work.

Thanks for your help. SD card is working QL.
I wonder now what interesting I can install on card.....?
But about this in different place of forum.

You can install everything on a working sdhc card: application, maps, voices, mp3, photos, car icons, etc.

The TomTom will boot initially from a sdhc card if it sees an application installed on it.

Nobody here works for TT.

You want the fastest sdhc card you can afford (at least a class 4). You won't notice any performance degredation. While the units can handle 32-gig cards, for most an 8-gig would be more than enough. Just make sure you get the card from a reliable source (a brick and mortar location). Many people have been burned by getting cards on ebay and finding the cards they buy are faulty.

Does this 32-gig include the Go 730?

Yes, the 7x and 9x series can all handle 32 gig sdhc cards. Just make sure the card you select is a reliable brand with a fast speed (class 4 or higher). Many 'so called' 32 gig sdhc cards sold on ebay are crap and aren't the size they are advertised as.

Yes, the 7x and 9x series can all handle 32 gig sdhc cards. Just make sure the card you select is a reliable brand with a fast speed (class 4 or higher). Many 'so called' 32 gig sdhc cards sold on ebay are crap and aren't the size they are advertised as.

I want to get a Card for my 730 but am confused as to which one! Here is the link for what seems like the same card but one says Flash Card and the other says Memory card.. Which one should I be getting, unless you know of a card you guys recommend

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I believe either will do the trick. The higher price one has more features that you won't need in the 730.

speed?

hi,

just wondering if you will notice any performance difference with the different speed classes. i know that at least a class 4 is recommended, but was wondering if your experience will be better with a faster class card. trying to decide if class 4 is sufficient or spend the extra money for faster ones (class 10, anyone? :D).

thanks for any input!

I have a class 4 for one of my maps and don't really notice any speed retrieval issues.

how to put everything on the sd card

i must be doing something wrong.

okay first, as is the very first suggestion, i made an explorer back up of my entire go 730.

i then, per tomtom instructions, made a home backup without the sd card.

after that i inserted the card and did a restore via home. this was supposed to initialize the card and restore everything to the card...or so i thought.

when i looked at my sd card via explorer, there is almost nothing on it. it is formatted fat32. question: does it matter that the cluster size is only 4K?

data that i download (other voices, mp3, etc.) via home all gets saved on the sd card. on a 730, is that how it is? just simply an add on vs. an independent way to start up tomtom?

thanks!

Easiest thing is to quickformat the internal memory of the Tomtom, and copy your explorer backup onto the SD.

Ask a Question