Media Studio and GO720 problems

After installing Media Studio 2.5 demo on my TomTom 720 and I scroll through the menu?s on the TomTom and start the player, the screen comes up all garbled. Is there any way to make this video player work with firmware 7 on my GO 720? Mayakama CSR said it would not work with firmware 7.

After installing Media Studio 2.5 demo on my TomTom 720 and I scroll through the menu?s on the TomTom and start the player, the screen comes up all garbled. Is there any way to make this video player work with firmware 7 on my GO 720? Mayakama CSR said it would not work with firmware 7.
This seems to be a large problem for a lot of the 3rd party suppliers of TT software.

For whatever reason, and while TT has released their SDK for their releases up to Version 6, they did not release an SDK when version 7 of the code was released. Whether this was because they were in a hurry to get 7 out the door prior to the completion of full documentation, or whether they have decided to no longer provide the SDK, I have no idea, and it doesn't seem anyone else does, either.

I have recently downloaded a 3rd party application called OffRoad Navigator, and it suffers from the same screen issues in *several* cases, but the author has managed to work around some portion of the problems, and while the product limps due to screen issues in places, it is clear in many as well.

Here's hoping that TT chooses to release an up-to-date SDK so that these authors of value added products can get their code working again.

Ask a Question