Mapshare street segments

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
How does one choose several street segments (a range) for mapshare? There is a whole section of highway which passes through a city which is closed for construction from now until November. When I try to select the parts which are closed, it looks like every block (of a couple of miles) needs to be selected. Is there a way to select more than one segment at a time?

I also ran into this problem when correcting the speed limit on a highway. It was very difficult to select all the pieces of the highway.

It would be nice to be able to drop endpoints on the map and have everything between the endpoints selected.

When editing speed limits you should be able to select the entire roadway at once. I'm not sure how it determines the limits of the roadway, but on my 920 and 740 I can select roads containing hundreds of segments in just one click. However, there seems to be no way to select/edit more than one segment at a time when (un)blocking a road.

If there is a better way, I would live to know about it.

Maybe it has something to do with the zoom level? When adding the new speed limit, I found it was very difficult, because every time there was an intersection it caused a new segment. The section I wanted to change is about 20 miles of highway.

Maybe it has something to do with the zoom level?...

I don't think so, but I certainly don't know the inner workings of Map Share. This discussion is jogging my memory a bit... I think the multi-segment selection ability was added to the speed limit editing screen in the last year or so. What device are you using, and what firmware version is it running?

Tomtom maps are implemented in segments.

Usually, these segments correspond to each part of a road that is between intersections, but sometimes it is more detailed than that.

Tomtom implemented a special multi-segment editing feature in mapshare, for speed limits and road names. It defaults to the entire section of road that has the same name, and lets your choose smaller segments on a separate edit view.

This still works on app 8.350 for me. Perhaps your road's name keeps changing?

So far, this multi-segment screen hasn't been implemented for the block/unblock road feature.

Last edited:
Multi -segment editing - speed limits

Tomtom maps are implemented in segments.

Usually, these segments correspond to each part of a road that is between intersections, but sometimes it is more detailed than that.

Tomtom implemented a special multi-segment editing feature in mapshare, for speed limits and road names. It defaults to the entire section of road that has the same name, and lets your choose smaller segments on a separate edit view.

This still works on app 8.350 for me. Perhaps your road's name keeps changing?

So far, this multi-segment screen hasn't been implemented for the block/unblock road feature.

My problem is just the reverse of this. There are a few small sections (segments) of a very long road near here that have the wrong speed limit indicated in TT maps. When I try to do map corrections to change the speed limit on just one segment my TT XL always selects the whole length of the road as a starter, and I would then have to de-select one by one all of the segments that I do not want to update (hundreds of them). Does anybody know how to perform a mass de-selection?

My problem is just the reverse of this. There are a few small sections (segments) of a very long road near here that have the wrong speed limit indicated in TT maps. When I try to do map corrections to change the speed limit on just one segment my TT XL always selects the whole length of the road as a starter, and I would then have to de-select one by one all of the segments that I do not want to update (hundreds of them). Does anybody know how to perform a mass de-selection?

Select a short sideroad near your long road, then choose edit. In the "edit" screen deselect the original road, and you can choose the small segment(s) of the big road.

Ask a Question