MapShare-Missing street

TomTom Model(s)
XL340S
Hello,

I just bought an XL340S.

I am using the latest map (upload via 30-day guarantee).

Well, there is a stretch of road close to my home that was build about 5 years ago that does not show in what TomTom calls there "most current map"!!!

I added the strech of road using:
Map corrections > Correct a map error > Report other error > Missing street

But nonetheless, the added stretch of road still does not show up on the map!

Is that normal? Shouldn't the map show my own corrections???

Thanks!

Louis

Yes, that is normal. You cannot add roads with mapshare, only report it is missing. If/when TomTom/Teleatlas verifies and adds that missing road, it will only be available by buying a new map.

I'm confused why does Teleatlas have a road that I found missing on TomTom. I reported the missing road to TomTom, and I was about to report it Teleatlas, but they do have the road on there map. Is TomTom not related to Teleatlas?

TomTom **owns** TeleAtlas.

It may be that you see the road on the TA map and that information will be the basis for the NEXT map update that TT provides to users.

TT has to take the map info from TA and then add its own code to it so that the application 'understands' the map data and can provide routing information for it.

As I said, if it IS on the TA map, that's a positive sign that there is a good chance you'll see it soon in an update.

Ask a Question