MapShare - New Street Doesn't Appear

SSR

Hi folks,

I'm trying to add a missing street with a TomTom One XL. Actually one of a number of missing streets, but that's another thing.

I have created the street, all types of MapShare changes are set to show, sent it to TomTom, and updated with MapShare changes but... nothing is shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi folks,

I'm trying to add a missing street with a TomTom One XL. Actually one of a number of missing streets, but that's another thing.

I have created the street, all types of MapShare changes are set to show, sent it to TomTom, and updated with MapShare changes but... nothing is shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adding a street will not show. You need to hope that TomTom adds it to the next map release.

Someone can correct me if this is wrong but -

I called TT support about getting the "Latest Map Gurarantee", and they pretty much shot that down. The technician did say, though, that if I addressed the missing street I was attempting to get the LMG for through MapShare or the online submission, that it may get added to my current maps as a MapShare Update, and that I may not need the newest map release.

Don't know whether to believe the tech or take it as just trying to get me off the phone.

Someone can correct me if this is wrong but -

I called TT support about getting the "Latest Map Gurarantee", and they pretty much shot that down. The technician did say, though, that if I addressed the missing street I was attempting to get the LMG for through MapShare or the online submission, that it may get added to my current maps as a MapShare Update, and that I may not need the newest map release.

Don't know whether to believe the tech or take it as just trying to get me off the phone.
I think that is wishful thinking. From what I've read, they aren't adding newly reported streets as Mapshare updates. They're adding them in new versions.

I've also posed the question to TomTom Support, so let's see if they give a consistent answer.

Which is:

The TomTom Map Share is a free service where you can make changes and correct any minor Map errors such as incorrect street names, road blocks, add missing POI and edit existing POI files. Other Map Share users can upload their own changes and you can download them via TomTom Home.

Adding a new road is classed as a major correction, this is sent too our development team, who will then verify the missing road, and add it too the latest map release. As it would mean physically changing the map, this has too be done by our map team, who edit the map, after verifying the change. We appreciate your feedback on this subject.

So customers help with R&D but have to pay for the map updates? Is there any "free map upgrade" period after ou buy a tomotom?

I am having a problem with a major highway addition close to home. It is funny to see Catherine try and hook my up to an adjacent local side street as I travel offroad (as the TT sees it :p ) of course she doesn't see the new interchanges either, only to get back on track at the 'end of the road' when the hiway ends and exits to an existing local road.

Ask a Question