Maps v8.15 now available for nearly all devices!

Humour me......

Undock (safely) your unit from the computer. Do a pin reset. Redock and start Home.

Any better luck????

Humour me......

Undock (safely) your unit from the computer. Do a pin reset. Redock and start Home.

Any better luck????

OMFG! No you just didn't!!! You used the pin reset method on me!!!! :mad:

j/k... You know.. of all this craziness, I haven't tried... so I will. BRB dhn.

Edit : No luck. I even decided to format the entire device to a blank state (backing everything up first of course) and it reloaded the navcores but thats it. Same map issues. One thing I noticed is that there are only 2 navcores now to download, not a whole bunch from before. It goes blank device, to navcore 7, then straight to 8.3

They skip many others now, even the lovely 8.010, but I guess that's the reason the navcores are much bigger in size compared to before. Here's what I get after the pin reset/os reinstall.. same thing

nope4.jpg

The NA on the top is 810, which for ME it used to say 2G for 810... so what gives?

can you PLEASE read me your 810 map description?

Last edited:
810.jpg

That's from items on my computer. If I do it from add maps, it describes it as NA_2GB

Remember, this is for a 720

810.jpg

That's from items on my computer. If I do it from add maps, it describes it as NA_2GB

Remember, this is for a 720

Do you expect me to read that Mister!??! It's so tinyyy.. lol seriously.. But it's ok though, they emailed me back and told me my map was fixed and was re-added to my account. I now have it installed and all is good. Now I just received like 9 map compensation emails. They really were fiddling around.

In the other post in the general section I updated some status on the map.. like, NON WORKING 810 POI! :( Must use POI from 920 815

Hmm..sounds interesting. I have a Rider2 with a 715 map.

Will I need that new 7.901 application for this map? I had that new application and actually went back to my 7.541 due to some issues the new application created.

Also,....if someone already has the 815 map, would you mind checking the east side of Morden, Manitoba, Canada to see if hwy #3 shows as a divided 4 lane? It shows incorrectly on my map, and on a 725 map as an undivided 2 lane (which it hasnt been for about 12 years).

cheers

Hmm..sounds interesting. I have a Rider2 with a 715 map.

Will I need that new 7.901 application for this map? I had that new application and actually went back to my 7.541 due to some issues the new application created.

Also,....if someone already has the 815 map, would you mind checking the east side of Morden, Manitoba, Canada to see if hwy #3 shows as a divided 4 lane? It shows incorrectly on my map, and on a 725 map as an undivided 2 lane (which it hasnt been for about 12 years).

cheers

Would you happen to have coords for that area? I'll gladly check.

Actually I might have found it.. One sec..

I was following along hwy 3 and it seems as if it is still an undivided 2 lane. Also, running sorta parallel to it is hwy 14 for a little bit. Is that correct or am I looking in the wrong area?

hwy2.jpg

hwy.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that is incorrect. You do have the right area shown, but Hwy 3 is a divided 4 lane from the east side of Morden up to that intersection, and hwy 14 is east of that intersection. Hwy 3 continues north in 2 lane undivided, hwy 14 continues east to Winkler as a 4 lane divided, and reverts to 2 lane on the east side of Winkler.

Not sure why they cant get it right. The highway was changed to its present configuration at least 12 years ago.

My original 667 had it correct, my next 675 was wrong, and my 715 is wrong. They only show it as a 2 lane undivided.

Cheers and thanks,

Last edited:
Humour me......

Any better luck????

I have a brand new TomTom 720 and it has North_American_2GB v710.1584 in stalled. When I go to updates, it says nothing is available. When I go to Tools > LMG, it says 'Your device already has the latest map' 'Currently there is no new map available for your device.

So how do I get the 8.x map?

??

Is this one worth it, or should we hold out for the first map of 2009 that will include the first set of Mapshare updates?

I don't know yet. To tell the truth, I am wary similarly to ALG static images. My biggest questions are how much data has been accumulated for IRQ2 and what areas/cities are covered? I don't know the answers but doubt there is much coverage.

While IRQ2 is a very good improvement on the first IQR, I wonder if there is data for non-major highways? Very nice if there is an alternate route but is the alternate route a viable option not worse, in reality, to the original route? When you consider the TT sometimes gets you to take an exit and gets you back on the same hwy at the next entrance, I get suspicious...:(

I have a brand new TomTom 720 and it has North_American_2GB v710.1584 in stalled. When I go to updates, it says nothing is available. When I go to Tools > LMG, it says 'Your device already has the latest map' 'Currently there is no new map available for your device.

??

Gerry.....this is a known issue (flakiness of TomTom's map upgrade servers). Call (don't email) TomTom Support. Be prepared to send a fax, scan or photo of your receipt and they should add the latest map which is 8.15 to your account. Ensure they send you the version for the 720 and tell them you want the larger of the two maps .

Is this one worth it, or should we hold out for the first map of 2009 that will include the first set of Mapshare updates?

Smokiewolf,
I also own a TT One version 2 (really version 4 but TT says its just a version 2)
I think that for the cost of a new map, USA & Canada $99.00, I should just buy a refurbed 720 for $169.00 from Radio Shack and fight with TT for the LMG. But if not, I will wait until the second map release of 2009. I currently am using a 7.15 map and it is pretty accurate in my area.

I can say that the UK/Ireland 8.15 map installed okay and works on my TT Rider 1 with the newest 7.901 application installed (I didn't downgrade to 7.541).

??

The LMG will only show the latest maps available for the current application version installed. You should update to Application 8.3 first, and THEN use the LMG.

There are limitations between map versions and application versions is what I am trying to say here. I suspect that the 815 maps will not work on App version 7.x.

Ask a Question