Map Version 810 Available for Go 720

I can also confirm that IQ-routes and Adavance lane assistance works for North America map 8.10 with 8.01 firmware on. I just download and install North America map 8.10 yesterday on my TT920T.

ALG on GO 720

I just downloaded map v8.10 today, but when I tap Show Lane Images, I get a message that this feature is not compatible with the map. Any ideas on a solution?

If you have firmware 8.010 installed (which I suspect you do), try doing a pin reset on your unit. I also assume your unit is not docked when you try it. If not, undock the unit and see.

Yes. I've 8.010 firmware installed. Undocked the unit. Tried the pin reset more than once, but still the same message: "The map or map version you are using is not compatible with Lane guidance. For more information, visit www.tomtom.com" Do you think I'd need to also be outside where I can re-aquire satillites?

That shouldn't help the situation, I would think.

Other than uninstalling and reinstalling the firmware, I can't think of anything other than calling TT Support.

Backup/Restore Process to get ALG to work?

dhn,

Thanks. I'll try that. But before I do?is the backup/restore function of HOME reliable? I suppose the procedure would be (1) run the backup process from HOME then (2) reset to factory settings then (3) run the restore process from HOME. Would that also include the firmware and maps in the backup?

Has any one out there put both the v8.10 Western and Central Europe Map and the v8.10 North America Map on to the TOMTOM GO 920 ? I see the downloads for both are 1.9G ok once extracted to the TOMTOM they may be different but will they both fit on the internal 4G Flash memory or does it need the external SD card??

Thanks

Roy

Roy,

I have updated BOTH maps and can confirm they both fit on my internal memory. I don't have a lot of extra's saved though, just a couple voices and POI sets. My remaining memory went from about 178Mb to 2.7Mb. I was told that they do not, or maybe have not, updated the Guam map. One other thing I noticed is that the new maps installed OVER the old maps. There was no need to delete the old version before installing the new version!!?!?!:D

Cheers,
Pete

about ALG

Havent noticed allot of difference in V810. Possibly just some minor mapping upgrades ?

dump2106164087.jpg

I have come across more lane assist images over the last week or so:

dump1232515265.jpg

dump1232515266.jpg

dump1232515267.jpg

dump1232515268.jpg

dump1232515269.jpg

dump1232515270.jpg

dump1232515271.jpg

dump442889973.jpg

dump442889972.jpg

Hi ChillyCatz.

Can u teach me how to setup the ALG for my TomTom 720 with Map 810 NA?

Thanks

Hi ChillyCatz.

Can u teach me how to setup the ALG for my TomTom 720 with Map 810 NA?
You'll need to have NavCore8 installed, as well. Then, if you can successfully click the "Show Lane Images" icon in Prefs, you've done it.

Unfortunately, you'll need to travel around major cities to actually see ALG in action. TT promises to release more static images, as the version 8 maps mature.
I have ALG working on my 720, but there aren't any images around here. :(

I have it working too on my 920T, but even in my last trip from San Jose to San Francisco on highway 101 I couldn't set off ALG. So I wouldn't even go so far as to say you can get it on "major roads"... more like, "select roads."

Show Lane Image issues...

I have the 720 and the Show Lane Images button has appeared on my preferences. However I can not use it. Every time I click on it it tells me that its not available for the map I'm using. Any ideas on how I get it to work? I have Version 8.010.

The IQ is available for the x20 units? I downloaded the new maps and its not working for me yet.
I can confirm that it's working on my GO 720.
I have NavCore 8.010 & map North_America_2GB 810.1907

To see it, go to "Planning Preferences" & look for the new IQ Routes button at the bottom. Click this to activate, then, plan a route with "Navigate To..." It should indicate that IQ Routes are being used. If you go to the route Details page afterward, the text near the center should, again, confirm IQ Routes (something like: Fastest Route -- IQ Routes (Weekday)

I have the 720 and the Show Lane Images button has appeared on my preferences. However I can not use it. Every time I click on it it tells me that its not available for the map I'm using. Any ideas on how I get it to work? I have Version 8.010.
You need the 8-series maps (along with NavCore8, which you have).

You'll need to have NavCore8 installed, as well. Then, if you can successfully click the "Show Lane Images" icon in Prefs, you've done it.

Unfortunately, you'll need to travel around major cities to actually see ALG in action. TT promises to release more static images, as the version 8 maps mature.

Riccochet,

I have a 920T running 8.010 application and 810.1907 NA and Europe maps. Should I be able to use LG and IQ routes?

Thanks.

To Activate ALG & IQ Routing

Riccochet,

I have a 920T running 8.010 application and 810.1907 NA and Europe maps. Should I be able to use LG and IQ routes?

Thanks.
Same thing as I said, above:

To Activate Advanced Lane Guidance
  1. Go to the Preferences Menus
  2. Locate the "Show Lane Images" icon
  3. If you can press it (changes to "Hide Lane Images") without receiving an error message, then ALG is working on your TomTom
  4. Under Status Bar preferences, make sure "Horizontal" is selected
  5. Note: unless you live in a built-up area, you probably won't ever see ALG in action. There aren't that many static images in these early 8-series maps. Later map releases are rumored to be including greater coverage.
So, if you can't change that icon, then NO, ALG doesn't work with your setup.

To Activate IQ Routing
  1. Go to the Preferences Menus
  2. Locate & press the "Planning Preferences" icon
  3. Look for the new "IQ Routes" button at the bottom of the Planning Prefs screen
  4. If it's there, click it & select "ENABLE" to activate IQ Routing
  5. Then plan a route with "Navigate To..." It should indicate that IQ Routes are being used
  6. If you go to the route Details page afterward, the text near the center should, again, confirm IQ Routes with something like: Fastest Route -- IQ Routes (Weekday)

So, if you don't see that "IQ Routes" button, then NO, IQ Routing isn't working on your unit.

R?

Last edited:
OK... next question :)

I am running 810.1907 maps on my 920T. I see that I can buy the 8.1 maps. Are the 8.1 maps better - and if so, why? I already seem to have IQ routes and ALG.

Thanks.
I have Application 8.01.

OK... next question :)

I am running 810.1907 maps on my 920T. I see that I can buy the 8.1 maps. Are the 8.1 maps better - and if so, why? I already seem to have IQ routes and ALG.

Thanks.
I have Application 8.01.

What the fak?

You say you have map 8.1 but it tells you map 8.1 is available? What you have is the latest. 8.1 is technically 8.10 and I don't think they made another 810 for you just yet.

Ask a Question