Map Version 810 Available for Go 720

I see this available in the Map store in the TomTom Home application. Any difference between the data in this map and the data in version 720?
Thanks!

in addition to typical map updates, it looks like they opened up the IQ routes functionality to the x20 models as well.

I fax them again my proof of purchase, why the warranty is so complicated :confused: . My warranty end in 4 days( thusday. I wrote the date on my fax yesterday.

I hope I will get it, because, they added the street I wanted on the 720 NA but they just dont match ( the position) with the real street :D

It was the last day of my warranty today and good news :

Dear Mr Martin-Poitras,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding updating your TomTom. We have recieved your proof of purchase and will add the latest maps to your account. Unfortunately, our systems have been experiencing problems both for us and our customers. As soon as we are able, we will load the newest 8.10 maps into your account, and will notify you by email when the systems and maps are ready for download.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST.

With Best Regards,

TomTom Customer Support

Havent noticed allot of difference in V810. Possibly just some minor mapping upgrades ?

dump2106164087.jpg

I have come across more lane assist images over the last week or so:

dump1232515265.jpg

dump1232515266.jpg

dump1232515267.jpg

dump1232515268.jpg

dump1232515269.jpg

dump1232515270.jpg

dump1232515271.jpg

dump442889973.jpg

dump442889972.jpg

NicoSino

Your LMG is still valid if you have already downloaded an update but are still within 30 day window. Contact Customer Servicew and they will add the updated map to your account

NicoSino

Your LMG is still valid if you have already downloaded an update but are still within 30 day window. Contact Customer Servicew and they will add the updated map to your account

Nico IS with TomTom and he was pointing out that you only get one kick at the can with a map upgrade within the 30 days. If you used it to, say, go from the installed 7.10 to the upgraded 7.20, then you can't use the LMG within 30 days to go higher than the 7.20, whether that be 7.25 or 8.10.

At least I think that's what he was saying.....:eek:

Havent noticed allot of difference in V810. Possibly just some minor mapping upgrades ?

Are those screen graphics new in v810? Or have the 720's (& 920's) always looked like that? And can you control the color schemes?
Makes my ALG-less ONE look flat by comparison. :(

Nuclear-Powered, eh?

No, the x20's did not always show the static images. Only the combo of firmware 8.01 and map 8.10 allow it on the x20's and the colour scheme to my knowledge is not changeable.

Ah. I was hoping for some customization possibilities (looking at those "towns" in the distance)...guess the code which generates those statics much be locked down, hunh?

I usually use the bar in vertical mode (not default horizontal orientation) with the 2D map view (not the default 3D on-the-road orientation). That seems to maximize visible map area.

...but is that preference going to mess up Advanced Lane Guidance?

Has any one out there put both the v8.10 Western and Central Europe Map and the v8.10 North America Map on to the TOMTOM GO 920 ? I see the downloads for both are 1.9G ok once extracted to the TOMTOM they may be different but will they both fit on the internal 4G Flash memory or does it need the external SD card??

Thanks

Roy

I usually use the bar in vertical mode (not default horizontal orientation) with the 2D map view (not the default 3D on-the-road orientation). That seems to maximize visible map area.

My understanding is that you do NOT see the ALG arrows when the status bar is vertical, only when it is horizontal.

I like what I see, I'm just not sure I'm ready to plunk down $130 for it. Of course it'll get the better of me and I'll be ordered it before long. :)

It will work. I've seen it on my coworker's 930. He and I also use the same 2D mode and bar in vertical mode. His unit will switch to this image:
map_screen_tomtom_lane_guidance.jpg

It will switch back to his 2D mode when it reaches its limit.

Has any one out there put both the v8.10 Western and Central Europe Map and the v8.10 North America Map on to the TOMTOM GO 920 ? I see the downloads for both are 1.9G ok once extracted to the TOMTOM they may be different but will they both fit on the internal 4G Flash memory or does it need the external SD card??

Thanks

Roy

Roy, You will most likely need another SD card. You can place one set of maps to the SD card. What I have done is just placed the Europe maps in my hard drive. If I go to Europe, I can switch the map from my unit and hard drive.

Have installed map 8.10 on 7.20 with 8.010 SW

Hello,

I have now installed the 8.10 Western Europe map on a 720T with 8.010 SW
and have tried the Advanced Lane Assistance on Stockholm, Sweden.

From what I could tell so far, it's mainly the E4/Essingeleden that is covered.
I tried the E18 but did not show, but as soon as I came up on E4 it started
to show the ALA screens as seen in previous posts.

BUT, I found one place where it should have shown but didn't so it seems like
it is still a work in progress and that it needs to be updated further to get
it more covered.

I also managed to confirm that IQ-Routes seems to be available
on 8.010 firmware + 8.10 maps on at least European 720 model.
(See screenshots below)

Advanced Lane Assistance

DSC00421.JPG

DSC00422.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

DSC00419.JPG

IQ-Routes (Preferences / Planning Preferences / "IQ-Routes" button at bottom left corner.)

DSC00424.JPG

DSC00425.JPG

And also this is new when IQ-Routes enabled and you pre-plan a route.

DSC00426.JPG

DSC00427.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question