Map update offer of 6 instead of 4 not working?

I also received a 2nd email indicating that the offer of 18 months of updates was extended through April 14. I called TomTom support and asked them to confirm that the offer is valid in the U.S. She put me on hold to check and returned to confirm that the offer is valid. I also get a pop-up in Home when accessing the "buy maps" function which presents the 18-month offer as well. TomTom support told me, "if it's offered through Home, then it's valid".

I'm going to go ahead and purchase it. If I only get 12 months, at least I have a documented case at TomTom support indicating that they told me they would honor the 18 month offer.

Where do you see the number of maps in your account information?

I called TomTom yesterday to confirm that I received the 6 maps. After waiting 45 minutes on hold, TomTom support confirmed that I had only been credited with 1 year - 4 maps. We then commenced with the most unpleasant customer service interaction I've ever been involved with. The support tech was the most discourteous, obnoxious, argumentative person imaginable. But after going around with her for about 30 minutes, she finally credited my account with the two extra maps. At least, she says she did, I have it in an email, and I see an additional no charge order has been added to the account. But I can't find an actual expiration date or number of maps anywhere.

The way I was treated makes me want to never deal with TomTom again.

number of maps

Hook up you Tom Tom to computer and go to home. Go to Help and then online support. Look uner My Tom Tom and click on My Orders. That will show the maps and other things you have ordered. Click on the order number and it will tell you if you have the 6 maps.

I also orderd the 6 maps for the price of 4 and did what the above poster did and mine says map update service only with no list of how many maps. I guess I will have to call tomarrow:mad:

I just called and I orderd through the email stating about the 2 free maps and yep I did not get the 2 free maps either:mad: They are checking on it as I type but what a bait switch deal if I ever saw one.

Has this situation been straightened out?

I've been receiving these update offers with the latest stating an expiration of July 20th (for the offer).

Ask a Question