Map update offer of 6 instead of 4 not working?

Has anyone actually manged to get this? :(I am in constant touch with TT who seem willing to help but none of their suggestions so far has worked. I just get offered a single map and then the website goes wrong anyway! As it was a brand new device (GO750LIVE), I used the LMG. Is that what has screwed me up?:mad:

If you've used your LMG, then you should be on map 845.

After that you'll get nothing for now after buying the subscription. The subscription will give you 6 future maps (starting with map 850 in May) once they are released.

What's this you say about 6 maps in a year instead of 4? I just checked at my account on tomtom.com, and the offer still says 4 maps. How do I know I will get 6 map updates?

I believe I received my offer by email. Call support at 866-486-6866 (they're open Saturdays) to get further info.

Map Updates Extended

I noticed today that TomTom is offering the quarterly map updates for 18 months for the 12 month price for NA maps. Is this just a promotion or a new permanent price?

One poster earlier today said Customer Support told him it was an error by TT offering thid deal to North American customers.

Rightly or wrongly, I'd grab at the offer while it is still there. TT is supposed to be including lifetime map updates some new models offered in Q2 and beyond of this year. So, the extended subscription is probably a good idea for holders of existing models, if they are so inclined.

I just got an email from them for this but in another month they should be offering a lifetime subscription as an add on so I'm waiting for that. A rep confirmed this to me a month ago.

Heads Up

I took advantage of the extended 18 month map update offer using TomTom Home and my transaction was processed. To verify my new expiration was 18 months from today, I called TT support and was told my subscription ends in 12 months!!!
Needless to say, I am not happy and was told this was an error on their TT Home update page. I asked them to either process my transaction for 18 months as advertised or refund my renewal. The tech support person called a manager at the NH corporate office and was told nothing would be done to resolve my issue..period. No refund or extension....I am not done yet!!
Does anyone have the telephone number to the NH corporate office so I can call a senior officer about this.
Am I being unreasonable?

Try this: (978) 287-9555

and report back.

Hi dhn

Thanks for your help. I called the number and could not get anyone to talk to...You get a bunch of options... If you know your party's extension " dial it now".... If you need technical support call 866-486-6866. ...To reach the operator press 0 ( tried this option and got disconnected 4 times.) TT service is just the WORST.

Gary

Last edited:
According to their phone support this offer was mistakenly emailed out in the US (was supposed to be UK only). They will not be offering this here. To avoid any problems they have turned off the updates service for now.

That's funny you say that because as I am reading this thread I just received an email with the offer of an additional 6 months of updates for free. So that's a total of 6 for the price of 4.

I got the same email offering 6 free months. $39.80 for 6 maps. I have not tried it yet. The graphic portion of the email is attached and clearly shows the US.

Dear Ben,

Keeping your map up to date is a sound investment to help you get around more efficiently. It?s even more tempting if you update in March.

Sign up for TomTom Map Update Service during the month of March and we?ll give you an extra 6 months for free. That is two FREE MAP UPDATES!

So over the next 18 months you will receive 6 new Map Updates, one per quarter, for less than the cost of a single map download.

Here?s how it works:

* You?ll get 6 new maps over 18 months, one per quarter.
* You'll be notified by email when each new map is available to download.
* You can relax, knowing you'll always have the latest map.

Images Join Map Update Service Today! Images

All the best,

The TomTom team

Attachments

• maps.JPG
    maps.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
I took advantage of the extended 18 month map update offer using TomTom Home and my transaction was processed. To verify my new expiration was 18 months from today, I called TT support and was told my subscription ends in 12 months!!!
Needless to say, I am not happy and was told this was an error on their TT Home update page. I asked them to either process my transaction for 18 months as advertised or refund my renewal. The tech support person called a manager at the NH corporate office and was told nothing would be done to resolve my issue..period. No refund or extension....I am not done yet!!
Does anyone have the telephone number to the NH corporate office so I can call a senior officer about this.
Am I being unreasonable?

UPDATE
I also received the e-mail from TomTom US in Concord MA for this 18 month offer.
After getting no resolution from TT, I filed a formal written complaint yesterday with the Boston, Ma Better Business Bureau using their on-line site at boston.bbb.org. The BBB contacted TT the same day. TT agreed to extend my paid subscription to 18 months as promoted in the US even though they claimed I was using their UK web site, which I wasn't.

I've merged the 2 similar threads, here and in the x30 forum and keeping it here and making it a sticky (for now, anyway).

It's good that TT has to pay for their 'mistakes'. If more people went to the effort of taking action, maybe TT wouldn't make so many.

Well, we can hope, anyway.:cool:

I got the same email offering 6 free months. $39.80 for 6 maps. I have not tried it yet. The graphic portion of the email is attached and clearly shows the US.

Dear Ben,

Keeping your map up to date is a sound investment to help you get around more efficiently. It?s even more tempting if you update in March.

Sign up for TomTom Map Update Service during the month of March and we?ll give you an extra 6 months for free. That is two FREE MAP UPDATES!

So over the next 18 months you will receive 6 new Map Updates, one per quarter, for less than the cost of a single map download.

Here?s how it works:

* You?ll get 6 new maps over 18 months, one per quarter.
* You'll be notified by email when each new map is available to download.
* You can relax, knowing you'll always have the latest map.

Images Join Map Update Service Today! Images

All the best,

The TomTom team

It is still on their USA site as of 2pm today. I just got 740 live yesterday to replace my stolen 930. After now setting up a new account on TT Home (mac now instead of windows) and updating the program, it said my maps were out of date and would not let me update under the 30 day rule. I went to the TT site to check a few things out and I saw that exact 1 year and 6month graphic.
Oh and by the way I had to email my receipt to them to get them to send me the latest maps. No big problem but if I could not PDF my receipt then I was out of luck. BTW if you order on line and get sent a shipping confirmation via e-mail save it, they took that as proof after checking with those above.

Besides a .pdf, they will accept a scan of the receipt, even a photograph of the receipt.

I received 2 different emails offering the 6 updates. Using the link from one of them (chosen arbitrarily) I purchased the 6 updates over 18 months. When I received my receipt a few days later, it just said Map Update Service- North America. There was no mention of number of months or updates. I opened an online question with them explaining what I had bought and asked them for a confirmation of the 6 updates. I attached a copy of the initial email offer from them as well as a copy of the receipt .They replied that the emails were sent in error, they were working hard on getting the problem fixed, AND that since I had already purchased the updates, they would pass it to a supervisor with the recommendation that I be given 2 more updates. I received an email today saying that I now have 6 updates in my account over 18 months.

I'm not sure why they've not taken a more direct approach in fixing this. Seems to me a prompt email admitting the error would have nipped it in the bud. Regardless, I'm happy with how it was resolved.

To continue the 6 maps for the price of 4 saga, I just received an email from TomTom. They've extended the offer until April 12th.

So what's the deal? Is this meant for the US market or not?

Ask a Question